Have a MMORPG concept? Pitch it to me

Join Discord

NickAKAVexus

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2005
New york
So I've been away for awhile.. and since I've moved on from mir2 I've been making BANK with internet marketing.

I love investing in new projects and the like so it came to me while checking out getafreelancer.com

They can develop any sort of MMORPG I want if I have the coin to invest I am not sure what to expect on expenses but I will be figuring that out with you I am thinking anywhere from (10k-20k$) if we do it right + I can code if need be.

Since I know how to market and have connections I am thinking we could make some serious money off the monthly subscriptions + a item webstore.

So what I am asking is for one of you creative folk to team up with me and help create one bad ass 3d MMORPG concept/story that will eventually be developed in the near future.

One thing I love is the idea of being able to BUILD your own houses, castle, whatever that combined with mir2 style things would be killer.

Pitch your idea if your interested and I will choose. ;)

Zordon

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 26, 2008
Manchester, UK
So basically something along the lines of Call To Power mixed with mir 2/3 in 3D? Would it be following the oriental theme like mir 2/3 or would it be set along the lines of a european version with European style Armours/ Weapons / Buildings? I like the idea of that, maybe go along the lines of having it based on the Crusades and could have Templar Knights and the Other Christian Knights as well as the Saracens???

NickAKAVexus

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2005
New york
So basically something along the lines of Call To Power mixed with mir 2/3 in 3D? Would it be following the oriental theme like mir 2/3 or would it be set along the lines of a european version with European style Armours/ Weapons / Buildings? I like the idea of that, maybe go along the lines of having it based on the Crusades and could have Templar Knights and the Other Christian Knights as well as the Saracens???

Could be world war 2.. who hell knows need to think up a nice concept before anything goes ahead.

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
So many ideas are popping to mind.. lol

Can you give me an idea of what your lookin for?? i got millionz of ideas.. problem is they are more single player game concepts/storylines :s

Last edited:

NickAKAVexus

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2005
New york
So many ideas are popping to mind.. lol

Can you give me an idea of what your lookin for?? i got millionz of ideas.. problem is they are more single player game concepts/storylines :s

I am looking for a good concept. I am not wasting my time developing a piece of **** that no one will play.

I mean no matter what you always have kids playing your mmorpg even if its complete **** but I want something thats truly out there and unique. :)

I am going to make sure its easy to play and control. I can't stand complicated controls.

On side note I have a soft spot for mmorpgs so this will be something I want to accomplish in the near future. I see tons of potential with mmorpgs.

Last edited:

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
You are jumping far too ahead of your self, you know nothing about the gaming marketing and already you want a story line, really should research about all this if you are serious about it.

Here a small guide line about costs etc.. Note this was posted in 2000, pretty handy and may get you thinking on what type of style you would like to go with first.

http://greggman.com/headlines/2000/2000-11-11g.htm

Edit:

Have you tried looking at old closed down games? See if the shares for it are for sale, Nothing new but it's a great start.

Last edited:

NickAKAVexus

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2005
New york
You need an idea before you approach a project no? I know a decent amount about the market actually but I'm not offended.

I appreciate the guide sanity. I rather go with my own concept rather then buying an old game.

You are jumping far too ahead of your self, you know nothing about the gaming marketing and already you want a story line, really should research about all this if you are serious about it.

Here a small guide line about costs etc.. Note this was posted in 2000, pretty handy and may get you thinking on what type of style you would like to go with first.

http://greggman.com/headlines/2000/2000-11-11g.htm

Edit:

Have you tried looking at old closed down games? See if the shares for it are for sale, Nothing new but it's a great start.

Edit. After reading that guide I want to just add something here, I am not a million dollar company like blizzard who has to pay their developers 200k a year. I am talking about hiring brilliant coders from third world countries to code me an engine and over look it step by step and then hire graphic designers for the modeling and map making. Content can be handled for free or at smaller costs.

Games don't have to be million dollar projects they can be whatever you want them to be. Coding and designing can be done by talented people in large popular companies or made between a group of friends you don't need to throw a million dollars at some one to get quality if you know what your dealing with.

Would love to hear your 2 cents.

Last edited:

TxGraphicz

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Nov 12, 2006
A few indie teams are giving this concept a go but i'm not sure they'll hit off, but an MMORPG based on a zombie apocalypse has always been on my mind and i'm sure it's been on many others but people just don't want to put effort into projects like that.

Although that'll probably change with the success of L4D, but who knows...There could be very good PVP "modes" or mini games to go with this, or there could be good world pvp aswell. Where one faction ( zombies ) could "infect" a town and then it gets filled with it's NPC's so sort of like a seige.

Anyway that's only a basic thing to base it off, you could easily implement any features into it since it's not a very limited genre...zombies could have shacks and humans could buy their own houses etc etc.

I just want a zombie mmorpg that's good :(.

Last edited:

NickAKAVexus

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2005
New york
Pick that one Nick.

Be a 100% hit in yankland tbh.

I was talking to the owner of that website the other day he wanted to buy a piece of software i made. lol he told me the site got 31 million hits within 5 months and he sold it for about 50k.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
the human race is just plain sick lol

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
I was talking to the owner of that website the other day he wanted to buy a piece of software i made. lol he told me the site got 31 million hits within 5 months and he sold it for about 50k.

Ha, that's one way to go about some cash! ;)

Xanan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 5, 2006
An idea i had for a while.

Its an MMORPG, based around the idea of a relationship between the races and dragons.

When you start, you design your characer + a dragon. Then when you get ingame you are given an egg in which you must then hatch.

Your egg will eventually hatch, and as you level your character, you must also level your dragon. The unique thing about this game is that you can switch between controlling either the dragon, or your player. The dragon and character both level individually, depending on kills, and they both learn independant skills. Theres is many different controls for the character/dragon your not controlling.

You start from a child, and the dragon starts from a little dragon, as you level you grow.

For example, whilst playing your actual character, you can set your dragon to:
Defensive: Will attack monsters attacking itself
Aggresive: Will attack all monsters it see's
Loyal: Will attack monsters attacking its master
Flee: Will flee from all monsters

The dragon also has different types of attack:
Physical: the dragon attacks using vicious bites and slashes from the claws
Airborn: The dragon will take to the air and attack
Fire: The dragon will breath fire down apon its enemies.

The dragon also learns different attacks as it levels, being able to cast high level fire skills etc

The human behaves simularly whilst you choose to play as the dragon, it has complex AI to follow the dragon, such as having the simular:
Loyal: Will attack monsters attacking its dragon

Also attack methods:
Physical: attacks with physical attacks
Magical: casts spells at its enemies (A control panel can be open, with expansive options as to what attacks the AI uses. For example when it gets to a certain health it may heal etc)
Mounted: The character will mount the dragon and attack from its back, this allows the player to take to the air without fear of losing its human.

This complex MMO will have different races, classes. Their is different dragons that are allied with different races.

This MMO also allows for epic pvp conducted in the air, aswell as on foot. Allowing the character to control two completely different style of fighting. Allowing players to spec completely new style (i.e specing airborn fighter etc etc)

Zordon

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 26, 2008
Manchester, UK
An idea i had for a while.

Its an MMORPG, based around the idea of a relationship between the races and dragons.

When you start, you design your characer + a dragon. Then when you get ingame you are given an egg in which you must then hatch.

Your egg will eventually hatch, and as you level your character, you must also level your dragon. The unique thing about this game is that you can switch between controlling either the dragon, or your player. The dragon and character both level individually, depending on kills, and they both learn independant skills. Theres is many different controls for the character/dragon your not controlling.

You start from a child, and the dragon starts from a little dragon, as you level you grow.

For example, whilst playing your actual character, you can set your dragon to:
Loyal: Will attack monsters attacking its master

The dragon also has different types of attack:
Physical: the dragon attacks using vicious bites and slashes from the claws
Airborn: The dragon will take to the air and attack
Fire: The dragon will breath fire down apon its enemies.

The dragon also learns different attacks as it levels, being able to cast high level fire skills etc

The human behaves simularly whilst you choose to play as the dragon, it has complex AI to follow the dragon, such as having the simular:
Loyal: Will attack monsters attacking its dragon

Also attack methods:
Physical: attacks with physical attacks
Magical: casts spells at its enemies (A control panel can be open, with expansive options as to what attacks the AI uses. For example when it gets to a certain health it may heal etc)
Mounted: The character will mount the dragon and attack from its back, this allows the player to take to the air without fear of losing its human.

This complex MMO will have different races, classes. Their is different dragons that are allied with different races.

This MMO also allows for epic pvp conducted in the air, aswell as on foot. Allowing the character to control two completely different style of fighting. Allowing players to spec completely new style (i.e specing airborn fighter etc etc)

So something along the lines of Eragon reli but more complex and as an mmorpg? I like that idea

Xanan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 5, 2006
So something along the lines of Eragon reli but more complex and as an mmorpg? I like that idea

yes, inspired by eragon.

Very disapointed in the film/game. They done another cheap, film based game which had so much potential to be more.