Having a nooby prob with ps

Rocky

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 13, 2004
Liverpool!!!
sorry if this is in the wrong topic, i have a prob with my photoshop an no doubt its gona be sumthin nooby 2 fix.. for sum reason i could before but now i cant put a layer over another layer, i get the no smoking sign but without the ciggy in the middle;p now a number and an envelope apear in the top left of all my layers.. will some one tell me how to fix this please? thanks in advance:D:p

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
Okay. Envelopes? No smoking signs?

Sounds like a postman on a bus.

Gief a screenshot of the problem.

/J34lY

Joopeh

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 22, 2006
ImGayLolololol.
"I think" it's because when you start a new project (Ctrl + N) you need to set "Transparent", instead of the one you're using atm.

Bacardi

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 27, 2003
Sheffield
what tool u trying to use on the new layer? if its something that requires something to be on the layer, like a filter or colour select tool, then you get the "NO smoking without the cig" symbol on ur cursor :P

Rocky

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 13, 2004
Liverpool!!!
look this is what happens... that number1 and envelope didnt used 2 be there, not thats preventing me putting a layer over another.. i kno that screen shot shows only 2 layers backgound 'locked' and new layer, but thats beside the point the thing in the top left corner is what i need 2 get rid off;p