HD graphics card

Join Discord

koni

V.I.P
VIP
Mar 14, 2006
Southampton UK
Howdy,

I would like to upgrade my graphics card on my pc, at the mo iam running a sapphire x1650 pci-e card with a 32" hd tv/monitor running via a DVI to HDMI cable.

On windows XP the picture was really good runnning at 1920x1080

iam now on windows 7 ultimate, and i cannot run the resolution higher then 1280x1024 if i run it higher i get what i can describe as screen shake, the whole of the screen seems to wobble lol if that makes sence.

I have all the updates for windows installed, the latest drivers installed.

Would i be better off upgrading to a HD card ? if so i dont want to spend more then 75.00 for the card i know that is a small budget for a reasonable HD card, can anyone recomend one to me that would fit my budget ?

I do not really game on my pc as i have a 360 to do that on, but at the mo with the res set to 1280x1024 it looks crap, its really bitty and not clear on the screen anymore compared to how it looked when i was running xp.

the other question i have regarding HD cards do they provide sound also ? via the TV ? at the mo no sound comes from the TV it comes from the sound card and a set of speakers, but i have seem some GFX cards that state 5.1 sound etc ?

any advise or suggestions are most welcome.

Zen2

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 26, 2007
Last edited:
Reactions: koni

liammc10

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 8, 2010
Take the audio cable out the set of speakers u have plug it into the colour that matches it in the back of ur pc and plug it into bk of ur tele where it says (Audio in) then its simply just ur tv volume, turn ur tv down wit remote, ur pc turns down etc.

Zen2

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 26, 2007
liam koni was asking if there is need to do it the way you just stated with hdmi. Which was answered above

Koni that will suit your needs fine and any gaming if needed. seems like a nice little card with decent cooling.

Shady

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 5, 2004
i couldnt get sound to come through my hdmi cable , jealy had a look and it still didnt work.

liammc10

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 8, 2010
liam koni was asking if there is need to do it the way you just stated with hdmi. Which was answered above

Koni that will suit your needs fine and any gaming if needed. seems like a nice little card with decent cooling.

I know but why buy extra shizz jst to do something so simple