Hello, little question.... (Full Screen mode)

smoochy boys on tour

Anchorman

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 1, 2014
Hi all im currently playing a mir2 server on my Mac threw VirtualBox, And the thing is i can't put the game to full screen mode, but on the VirtualBox its in fullscreen mode working fine on desktop,ect..
im hoping that someone has already had this issue and solved it :) if so could you spare 2 mins to explain how to fix this please.

Thanks alot

Anchorman

PS: sorry if this is in the wrong section.

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011
Hi all im currently playing a mir2 server on my Mac threw VirtualBox, And the thing is i can't put the game to full screen mode, but on the VirtualBox its in fullscreen mode working fine on desktop,ect..
im hoping that someone has already had this issue and solved it :) if so could you spare 2 mins to explain how to fix this please.

Thanks alot

Anchorman

PS: sorry if this is in the wrong section.

Not sure I fully understand, but virtual box needs some extra virtual drivers to allow full screen scaling... I forget what is called now, I think guest addition.

Sam

Babyhack

Devilsoul Owner
VIP
Feb 4, 2004
Dublin, Ireland
Just use bootcamp and install windows on a partition of your HDD

I have 2 hard drives in my Mac one is an SSD with mac OS X and the other is a HDD with windows 7

I just boot to the os that I need and sleep the other

BH

Jest

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 29, 2005
What happens when you change the res of the virtual box to the same as mir?

Anchorman

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 1, 2014
Not sure I fully understand, but virtual box needs some extra virtual drivers to allow full screen scaling... I forget what is called now, I think guest addition.

Sam

Yes ive already added the extra drivers, the VB works fine in full screen mode but it doesn't match up when playing Mir.

Just use bootcamp and install windows on a partition of your HDD

I have 2 hard drives in my Mac one is an SSD with mac OS X and the other is a HDD with windows 7

I just boot to the os that I need and sleep the other

BH

just deleted my Windows 7 on bootcamp yesterday because it was so laggy on Mir compared to playing it on the VirtualBox

What happens when you change the res of the virtual box to the same as mir?

i will give that a try. But where do you change the res on the VB? and whats normally the res on Mir?

Jest

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 29, 2005
i will give that a try. But where do you change the res on the VB? and whats normally the res on Mir?

I don't use VB so i'm not sure. Presumably you do it like you would your own system, right click desktop - screen resolution.

Mir is usually either 800 x 600 or 1024 x 768 depending which version you are running.

Anchorman

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 1, 2014
i have tryed that but no luck still won't put Mir in full screen mode :/

---------- Post Merged on 14-11-2014 at 07:06 PM ---------- Previous Post was on 12-11-2014 at 03:47 PM ----------

and when i do put Mir in fullscreen theres an error at login *connection timed out* or *session closed*
its on MirArcadia server btw should of mentioned it before :P