help,latest korean update,new map file,error

smoochy boys on tour

Gadget

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Aug 3, 2006
Myself and Kyn looked at the map format last night, it's not changed wildly, it looks like a shorter header - probably a different XOR value for the width and height values, and 3 additional bytes per tile, 2 of them follow the background image, not sure about the 3rd byte yet. Oh, and the LSB of the 1st word (background image) has an additional bit set - MSB, probably to make it display incorrectly but it might signify something. Not sure what the 3 other bytes are used for yet.

Lilcooldoode

LOMCN Developer
Developer
May 10, 2003
Yes
The first string for the title is shorter than the original antihack header. Ive managed to get them loaded and ingame but as you say the tiles etc are very messed up.

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
did you guys try use the data from the test server?

Gadget

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Aug 3, 2006
The first string for the title is shorter than the original antihack header. Ive managed to get them loaded and ingame but as you say the tiles etc are very messed up.

Did you take into account that extra bit that's set in the first byte of the back image tile? It's the most sig bit of the bgimg word,
^

If you OR the value of the bgimg with $8000 it will unset that bit, and then the bgimg values look correct, which should display the correct bg image on that tile.

If you then add 2 bytes inbetween bgimg and midimg - ie. skip those 2 bytes, then read as normal, then skip 1 extra byte at the end of the tile I assume it will display as normal.

Assuming that all works, the questions will be:-

1) What's the msb of bgimg set for? Maybe just to confuse our clients?
2) What are the 3 new bytes for? I guess we will know this once someone confirms new functionallity in the korean client - possibly new skills related to tile placement, maybe even dynamic maps - maps that change with weather? It's possible that the 2 bytes inbetween bgimg and midimg are used to an alternative bgimg, maybe one covered in snow or something?

EDIT:

You would need to edit TMapHeader_AntiHack first (Kyn done this today), and then something like this:-
Code:
  TMapInfo = record
    BkImg: word; //OR this with $8000 to get the actual image index
    mysteriousnewword: word; //NEW
    MidImg: word;
    FrImg: word;
    DoorIndex: byte;    
    DoorOffset: byte;   
    AniFrame: byte;    
    AniTick: byte;
    Area:  byte;        
    light: byte;       
    notsureifextrabytegoeshereorabovesomewhere: byte; //NEW
  end;
And check that it's reading the tile data from the correct place following the header. I haven't looked at the code so not sure if it will automatically read from the correct place once the header class has been altered.

Last edited:

Gadget

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Aug 3, 2006
Gadget = the file format king!

Hehe, thx, we were just lucky that they didn't seem to want to deliberately protect the maps, they just changed them for some new functionallity I think.

kyndigs

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Feb 19, 2009
Reading, UK
Thats my initial thought as they have released a bunch of snow maps, possibly using some values similar to light to tap into the tiles using an event for some sort of dynamic functionality. Can someone post the new objects?

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Supporter
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
Thats my initial thought as they have released a bunch of snow maps, possibly using some values similar to light to tap into the tiles using an event for some sort of dynamic functionality. Can someone post the new objects?

Swamp maps.. snow maps are due in a month or 2!!

Also msn me up ***** x

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
would be good if you got the maps working and released as they do look quite cool

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Supporter
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
would be good if you got the maps working and released as they do look quite cool

Well we can use the objects, still in current map edit, so the objects are not useless, but without an idea of how some bits link and attribs, makes making a map 1000x harder.

Last edited:

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
if u was a good as u say you are you could make the map w/o havin to copy a korean 1 smavid :rolleyes:

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Supporter
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
if u was a good as u say you are you could make the map w/o havin to copy a korean 1 smavid :rolleyes:

For me, its piss, just time consumin, for you, and other mappers, except a couple its hard, and not worth it. I can build objects up easily, as ive done with many of things before, but its like building a puzzel without a picture to work off, luckily they are built in patterns :thumbup1:?

I also played around with new objects, look like a Jinchon map? or an near enough identical one, those objects work fine except no attributes. The objects need to be coding in i guess? As my m2 crashed when i tried to load them ingame :biggrin:

Possibly, ill remake them in object1.wil if Kyn/Gad/Lil have no luck in making them work

P.s. i love you.

Lilcooldoode

LOMCN Developer
Developer
May 10, 2003
Yes
I got it half working so far. But i keep getting nagged to do other things, hopefully me/kyn/gadget will get a chance to all properly look into it together at some point.