Help please.

Join Discord

BountieHunter1

LOMCN Pro Member
Golden Oldie
Oct 18, 2003
London
Hi , i got a computer downstairs and it works VERY slow.It doesnt have internet conection therefor it does not have addware which is known for slowing down computers.it has 500mb+ of memory and about 1/4 of it has been used so memmory is not a issue.Its speed is 2.4ghz.When the computer loads it takes up to 5-10 minutes , also when i try and listen to music in Media (i have the music downloaded on the computer from cd`s) i select the music and it goes red.And sometimes the computer just freezes.

Thx if you can help me soz if it dont make sence =/

Dragonrage

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 30, 2004
is the music on the disks been downloaded by your other pc? or if uve put any other programs / games etc from ur pc with the internet it could contain a virus
so i suggest scanning it with a decent virus scanner like Pc cillin or Panda virus

urbanfox

No Brag, Just Fact
Legendary
BountieHunter said:
Hi , i got a computer downstairs and it works VERY slow.It doesnt have internet conection therefor it does not have addware which is known for slowing down computers.it has 500mb+ of memory and about 1/4 of it has been used so memmory is not a issue.Its speed is 2.4ghz.When the computer loads it takes up to 5-10 minutes , also when i try and listen to music in Media (i have the music downloaded on the computer from cd`s) i select the music and it goes red.And sometimes the computer just freezes.

Thx if you can help me soz if it dont make sence =/

if your networked to a machine that does you can still get stuff.

Look in the programs sticky and d/l and use an antivirus and spyware remover tools and see if anything pops up.

Tomo

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 15, 2004
United Kingdom
Yeah i suggest a good clean m8 with AVG Pro 7 and maybe a format if things do not get any better

MentaL

Mir 1.4
VIP
Mar 3, 2004
Cardiff
check that there isnt an app running in the backround which i using all the memory and cpu usage

ctrl+alt+del

look there in processes