help please

happypuppy

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 15, 2003
BC, Canada
ok im wanting to make an offline server. just for me to mess around on. Well ive down loaded all the 1.4 stuff. ive got it up and i can make an account, and i can even make a char. but my problem is when i click the start button after my char screen its just black. Can someone please point me in the right direction in how to fix it. Id really love to have my own server to mess around on. Thanks

Andreas

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 12, 2008
Timisoara
i haved the same problem
1) you instled sql2000 wrong
2) there are some ip's : 0.0.0.0 DO NOT CHANGE THEM
3) go to C:\Mirserver\DBServer\FDB ( deleat al files from )
C:\Mirserver\LoginSrv\IDDB ( same thing )

Upvote 0

LegendOfMir

LOMCN N00B +1
Veteran
What server you want to REALISE 1.4 server, I dont understand exactly.... Make the 1.9... is the same ....but more developt. Must to use for 1.4/1.9..... only the DBCommander and try to find in BDE Administrator in this link:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Borland Shared\BDE\BDEADMIN.EXE

And then ....make an HeroDB there, STANDARD and make the link to your DB (c:/mirserver/Mir200/DB) ... i hope u help u...:tongue1: :tongue1: :tongue1: :bounce: :bounce: :tongue1: :tongue1: :tongue1:
PS: 1.4/1.9 CANT USE NEVER SQL SERVER (much better).

DOOMNEZEU

Upvote 0

Xanan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 5, 2006
Make sure all your ips are correct, Make sure your useing the correct .exe Also make sure the server names are all correct, You could try wiping the char and id DB delete the contents in FDDB and IDDB located in the Dbserver and Loginsrvv Folders.

Good luck.

/Zen2

Upvote 0