Help setting up on dedi

Join Discord

Spoon666

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 12, 2005
South West Wales
I bought a dedi with Server 2003 standard and installed DBC then put the files on and changed the ips etc. The server runs without errors but when i'm on a GM i cant attack mobs and can only use spells like FF when no mobs are on screen. If i log in on a normal char i get disconnected because the user limit is reached?!?!.

The first thing to look at would be ips ye but it works fine on my laptop all i done was change the ips to the dedi ip. I thought it might be because i had it set up for a router on the laptop so i got some backups of all the files as they were when they were running on another dedi and changed the ips to my dedi ip, still same.

Seems to me theres something i have to do with the dedi OS maybe? There's no firewall running atm so it's not that.

Anyone got any ideas please?

Zen2

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 26, 2007
I had this problem once just cant think what we done to fix it!!!!! Have you changed every ip in the files to the dedi ip? Also dont psose you changed the 0.0.0.0 Ips? As your not ment to change them either.

Upvote 0

Spoon666

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 12, 2005
South West Wales
I had this problem once just cant think what we done to fix it!!!!! Have you changed every ip in the files to the dedi ip? Also dont psose you changed the 0.0.0.0 Ips? As your not ment to change them either.

I used windows search to find all instances of the old ip and replaced them with the new ip so didn't touch the 0.0.0.0 ones.

Upvote 0

Zen2

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 26, 2007
1.9 doesnt run on most vista machines without serious lag unless vista have now updated and it works. Not sure last time we ran 1.9 we had this problem, Have you fixed your issue at all?

Make sure your setup.txt code matches the dbserver one, also check all the ips in the setup.txt

Upvote 0

Spoon666

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 12, 2005
South West Wales
25/05/2009 20:15:47 [Exception] TPlayObject.DoSpell MagID:37 X:307 Y:257
25/05/2009 20:15:47 Access violation at address 174C6F4C. Write of address 174C6F4C

I'm gettng this error in the m2 when trying to FF a Mob. It has got to be something in windows server 2003 that i need to do that i don't know about lol

Upvote 0

Spoon666

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 12, 2005
South West Wales
For anyone who has this problem in the future.

It was the DEP in system properties that was causing the problem.

Right Click on My Computer and select Properties

Now select the Advanced tab

Under PERFORMANCE click the Settings button

Click Data Execution Prevention

It will be defaulted on the bottom option (Turn on DEP for all Programs) simply click ADD and select each of your servers exe files.

Sorry if i got the method wrong, i ain't used XP for a while. It's definately in the Advanced tab in System Properties though so just look for it.

Upvote 0