help wit addin mobs

superspellman

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 15, 2004
i use mir server editor, i cant add mobs cause i dont know the race img and all them etc etc. any1 got a list of what they are or know ho wi find out? cheers

NickDawes

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 7, 2004
try searchin the forum, if not, jus copy the characteristics (race, raceimg) of a mob with similar characteristics to the custom mob you want to add and replace the appearance.

Hawky

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 12, 2003
Usually 81 19 works fine for most mobs :0

Senture

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Feb 8, 2004
for a mob to just be normal mob (ie like tongs) just set the race to 81 and the raceimg to 19

for future refference the race defines how the mob behaves (goes mental like woomataurus) and raceimg displays the mobs magic (like the lightning flashes when woomataurus hits you)

superspellman

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 15, 2004
Anon said:
for a mob to just be normal mob (ie like tongs) just set the race to 81 and the raceimg to 19

for future refference the race defines how the mob behaves (goes mental like woomataurus) and raceimg displays the mobs magic (like the lightning flashes when woomataurus hits you)

thx thats what i wanted to know :)

any ideas on the numbers for looks? or is a guessing game lol

Senture

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Feb 8, 2004
for how a mob looks its in its appearance (or what ever it is :P)

the way it works: the mob file number -1 and the mob number in that file -1

e.g. if you were looking to add a mob from mon7.wil the begining of the appearance wud be 6, and if it was the 4th mob in the file then its appearance wud be 63

rember dont add the 2 numbers, its always the first number then the second number, no spaces.

any other problems (or u cant figure out how to do it) just ask :)

superspellman

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 15, 2004
thx m8, used mirserver editor and it shows u a piccy lol
but when i press save changes, it just comes up wiv an error sayin its got to be re wrightable or somit like that. did that for items but did somit in db commander and it worked but forgot how lol. any ideas?

Senture

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Feb 8, 2004
yeah, indexing (or somat like that) needs to be enabled, i just use db commander, coz i know what ime doing and its easier (for me neways :P)

superspellman

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 15, 2004
ahh its works now, i just made a monster in db commander, then after it allowed me to do it in mse