Hexed up V2004 Server Files

mauldor

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 29, 2003
Attached is 2004 version converted to English and hexed up..

<<<---New Link coming Soon--->>>

This has been Hexed up so you might need to Un_hex to use it on yours:

Tao Gets 3 Mobs (Skelly, Shinsu, Elskelly)
Wizards Can Tame 5 Pets and Taming Easier.
Gold in Bag is 10 million
Storage is 50 Items
Drop time is 5 mins
Dead Mobs is 10 Seconds on Ground
War Time is 2 Hours
Refines are Instant
52 Later Levels have already been added (though it seems you can still only go to 50 on GM like).

Thats about it I think ----

Port is set at 5000 for Rungate

New Magic Does NOT Work with this server Vs CLient

Requires the following MIR3 CLient in order to play on server:
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/thill7...mir3-client.zip

have fun

Last edited:

buzznett

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 11, 2003
Were you able to fix the [11000 - HIT] problem with this exe?

mauldor

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 29, 2003
well the hitting and dead mob bug has been in every version after 2.9 basically - im not sure about the dead mob bug (i got told that if you kill a mob as it regens - you get that bug) but the hitting bug i can sort of explain.

2.9 as far as i can tell had no real protection in for people using cheats and 11-25, 12-03 etc all introced this anti cheat protection and each version of server files is really just a slighty modified veriosn of the last one.

The bugs is radom to say the least - for exmaple - me playing via Lan (via net ip) means im coming in at a much fater data rate than say somebody from outside and my hitting bug happens a hell of a lot where as somebody from the net onl gets it now and then.

I was pondering if its to do with the speed of the pc - maybe a much faster box then i have might not have the bug as much - i just dont know. I run mine on a Dual 933 Mhz P3 with 1 gig ram - would be interesting to see if someone has a much faster machine if they in fact get the problem.

I also got a lot of MAG messages from myself and i can confirm im not using any cheats like - maybe its the client that the problem for all we know ??

mauldor

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 29, 2003
right ive dont some searching n the good old net and there is a Hex for Seals Black magic time (this will relate to [11001 - Mag] and it changes it to 1 instead of 2. Now the hex is as follows:

Search
83b83c08000002
Replace with
83b83c08000001

The value on 2004 version is 1 by deaful where as V2.9 (which never had this problem) is 2.

The only way to really get rid of this is for me to take a standard 2.9 server - which never had such a bug and re-hex it to match 2004 version so that its has 3 skells etc and then do a compare and see what is left that is different apart from the text.

Peronally i think the values which check for HIT have been lowered to say 1 and thus why we are getting the problem..

thedeath

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 26, 2003
technicaly spoken you shouldnt have any problems unless you're using a bad server/client pc
the reason why chinese put it on 1 is to reduce cheating
you see putting it on 2 means a client can send 2hit/magic msg's 'in a row' without triggering the anti cheat protection
while if you put it on 1 any attempt to cast/hit faster then normal gets logged

however on ppl who have a bad pc (mostly server) the main mob moving makes the server process in shocks (example: 10seconds mob moving, 2seconds processing packets, 2seconds xxx, ...) this leads to all packets being processed in one go and instead of the proper timing ends with all packets having same time attached = looks like cheating

instead of trying to let ppl cheat you should try to tweak your server so it can handle the pressure better maybe:p

mauldor

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 29, 2003
Hmmm - well as i said - i sort of thought maybe the people having problems (which inc me) is maybe the server is not quite 100% up tot he job thus why I get the odd problem and some days it happens even more. This is why I asked people who dont have the problem to post maybe there server specs, line speed etc and oppisite etc...

As for aTweaking the Server - not sure what else I can do apart from the normal Defrag etc - the HD is 7200rpm and nothig else runs bar Windows 2000 Server, SQL 2000 Enterprise and EI Server - as i say my righ is a Dual 933Mhz P3 machine with like 1 gig EEC Ram - all i had lying around tbh and i aint buying a souped up dual Atlhon or Xeon uless people start paying me money like -- lol.

I use the Info from various progs to tell me how much load is on the server - so for exmaple at the moment full loaded i have 50% load on both CPU's and its using 800mb of ram - probably as the spawn file has increased since last time i looked. Im guessing ill have to reduce the spawn files a lot and see if this helps...

mauldor

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 29, 2003
Right - I took my said machine and basically went through it with a fine tooth comb with enough hacks to make it run better than it was. Next up was reducing the mob gens so that it never had a s much to do - on screen looks about the same anyhow so great probelm.

The Dead Mob Bug / Hitting bug now only happens now and then and the load on the server is definalty lower than it was - so im guessing even though the numbers tell me the server is under no stress - these numbers must be lying eh as it still happens.

Now the only thing left then would be the line speed - I run on a 1mbit / 256 line and have about average 15 player on though the bug can come in even with just 4 on - and ive seen server running on less than this (512/256) and they cope well enough.

Question is - if the server was reading 100% usage and 900Mb Ram in use i could understand the problem but as the CPU is loaded (across 2) at 40% now with 600Mb Ram in use then i cannot see why it can cause a problem.

I just think EI Server is a badly written program to be honest at the end of the day - I also get the odd "client function socket read not work" if this has any bearing on the problem? Im using POrt 5000 Btw so no reg hack needed for that one (problem with windows above port 5000 i found info on the web)

Oh antoehr thing - now i had sorted server the mobs Move like there on Speed now - which is a bad thing as they can get across the screen and hit ya before you have blinked and ive not changed a single value in the DB - wierd...

buzznett

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 11, 2003
Not quite sure I only started having the problem with the new exe's(1125,1203 & 2004), I am running the server on a Quad Xeon (2meg cache each) Compaq proliant server with 2 gig of ECC ram and ultra 160 scsi 10k hard drives. I am running full mob generation and I have had it running for about 4 months 24/7. I would have to think thats a ample server to run Mir, which leads me to look at the exe for the problem.

mauldor

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 29, 2003
Thanks Buzz for the info - a Quad Xeon is well enough to manage it as it the ram etc - so we are back to the server exe then as I said - The problem NEVER happened on 2.9 and as Buzz just said the problem has only came about since 1125 onwards so there must be coding in the server that works out if it thinks you are using a cheat and thus stopping you. The client that I am using is the one Nightwolf posted as to work with 12-03 etc as no other one works (says wrong client) and i happen to know DragonNet uses the Old MIR4.exe that works with v2.9 anyhow so that sort of rules out the client i think.

This means that it has to be a bug in the server side with the anti cheat and my view on increasing the number would help out anyhow. I would be interested to hear from people who do not have this problem that are running a server that is not 2.9 basically and then find out which server exe they are using and thus maybe finding the few lines of hex to change and thus fix the problem. Even on the chinese sites they have this problem and so far no clue as to how to fix it...

thedeath

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 26, 2003
tried looking @ the clients instead of the server?
clients packet processing speed influence the speed at which they'll be sending data aswell so could be the client's lagging instead of server

also in mir the connection you have isnt really a factor to indicate lag or not
1user without anything arround him uses like 0.1kbps
1user with 500mobs arround him might end up using 10kbps or more

mauldor

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 29, 2003
Well lets take all the variables we have and lets see:

V2.9 Server files with Mir4.exe does not have the bug no matter what i try and do.
V11-25 onwards have the bug using both mir4.exe (as per Dnet) and one suplied (mir3.exe). The servers tested that have reported the bug range from mine - Dual 933Mhz with 1 GIG EEC ram to a Quad Xeon with 2 gig ram.

I changed the Seals Black magic time to 2 (to test) and the bug is even worse. I have tested over the lan with only me on and still the problem. The fact it is not in v2.9 when i tested on a mere P550 with 1 gig ram and Full spawns sort of rules that out to me and the problem definatly has to do with the server and what it see's as client cheating.

The mobs - i went through the MobGen files and halfed the number of mobs spawning all over the game - this had the bad side effect now that half the mobs walk so fast and hit so fast its sort of unreal and seems to take no noticed of the values or the server is now processing so good that they dont have time to slow down like they should.

The problem is very Random and hard to pin down - if it were not for Sabuk Working in later version then i would happily revert to 2.9 to be honest as the bugs in my view ruins the game outright - the Warriors are hitting away and the server / client is stopping you at random time (thus for exmaple SND not working when it should) and Wizards get stopped in there Tracks TBolting a mob becuase again the server thinks your trying to cheat.

The other problem (and this is def getting worse) is that mobs that are dead on the ground are still attacking you (sounds like comms problem in that although the client thinks the mob is dead - the server see's it as alive).

There is a fair few server using the same server / client files and all have the same problem so you can undertsand why people are wondering if the bug has been fixed.

mauldor

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 29, 2003
Another thought - in the Setup.txt - maybe changing these might help?

HumLimit=30
MonLimit=30
ZenLimit=30
NpcLimit=5
SocLimit=30
DecLimit=10
UserFull=150
ZenFastStep=300
SendBlock=1000
CheckBlock=8000
AvailableBlock=50
GateLoad=0

Anybody any ideas what good vlaues are?

Preto

LOMCN n00bie
Feb 24, 2004
lo ppl
an other problem:
could it be that the downloads at the top of the page didn't work????

mauldor

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 29, 2003
Im re-doing the Server for a more updated version - ill update link soon