Hexing the stat cap

Join Discord

Dave85

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 20, 2006
Hi, i unpacked TDs files and now i'm looking for some help in the direction of stat cap removing via hex. I assume it'll be in the M2Server, but if someone can point me in the right direction it'll be a great help.

P.S. guidance for editing the screen res would be cool too, i only seem to make the text go tiny >.> lol

/Pongo

Liandrin2

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 14, 2004
I'm going to take a guess and say you can't do this...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dave85

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 20, 2006
I'm going to take a guess and say you can't do this...

Didn't anyone remove the stat cap, on the 1.4 files? i'd assume that it would be done the same way as the "2.3" files were built off of 1.4.

If it can't be done, atleast i upacked TDs files to edit minor bits, not to mention the extraction of part of the source, like the .dfm and .pas files.

Upvote 0

Dave85

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 20, 2006
could you upload the unpacked version?

I won't release the unpacked version, my intentions are to edit a few bits in it and then repack using a more up to date packer, as i'm getting sick of AVG deleting the client.

Another thing is that i don't wish to annoy TD, if he says its ok to release them then i'll do so. I know that sounds like a lame excuse, but i have alot of respect for TD and his work on the files.

Upvote 0

Prai

Most Importantest
VIP
Sep 10, 2004
I won't release the unpacked version, my intentions are to edit a few bits in it and then repack using a more up to date packer, as i'm getting sick of AVG deleting the client.

Another thing is that i don't wish to annoy TD, if he says its ok to release them then i'll do so. I know that sounds like a lame excuse, but i have alot of respect for TD and his work on the files.

Selfish,

First you ask a community to help you. The you say they cant have a bash at the files.

Upvote 0

Dave85

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 20, 2006
Selfish,

First you ask a community to help you. The you say they cant have a bash at the files.

Put your handbag down... sheesh!

I've stated why i feel i can't release them, i don't know the full extent of what can be done with the upacked files and the ripped source files and would rather not annoy TD or risk the security of the files.

Upvote 0

1PKRyan

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Nov 9, 2007
No
Lol I Unpacked These Ages Ago.

Was Talking To Milo About Releasing Them But Never Did As I Don't See The Point + Don't Wanna Step On Anyones Toes Lol.

Upvote 0

mStation

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 29, 2003
♫♪♫ ♦♥♠♣ ♀♂♀
i glad you have unpacked them too but i dont see the use of you making this post if you dont feel to release.. anyway since this is the world we are living in, copying, using others files, editing the other files and sharing the edits and so on i feel that even sharing a unpacked version of someone else work will not ruin at all your positions in this world..

btw if you both managed to unpack this means that the files have been packed easily which is the reason why i would release.. just because it would, for me, be td's fault.. if he had put more care in the security of his files then we wouldnt have to fight with ppl sharing his files in an unpacked edition.. this is just how i think things should go..

but i am open minded and feel that everything should belong to everyone..

Upvote 0

Dave85

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 20, 2006
Could a MOD close this thread please? I don't want to start anymore arguements, i only wanted some hex help >.>

Upvote 0

WasteMan

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Just release the files, TD's had his spotlight for enough. Lifco's turn now but even so lifco has seemed to have of withdrawn from 2.6 as people were being unappreciative towards his work, so if they don't work may iswell release these files unpacked and see what shizzle comes from this. Thats my opinion, heck, you never know lifco could just be ill lol.

Upvote 0

1PKRyan

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Nov 9, 2007
No
There Is A Easier Way To Do It Takes 5 Minz Didn't No This Before.

What They Are Packed With (The Mida) There Is A Unpacker On Google If You Search, What Can Unpack These.

Upvote 0

mStation

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 29, 2003
♫♪♫ ♦♥♠♣ ♀♂♀
Could a MOD close this thread please? I don't want to start anymore arguements, i only wanted some hex help >.>

i'm afraid hexing will not be enough to take off the cap.. it can be changed to something else though but you will have to do a trial an error untill you find the correct value / values to change.. not sure if it's worth the time.. probably will be much easier just to edit the files

Upvote 0

Dave85

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 20, 2006
i'm afraid hexing will not be enough to take off the cap.. it can be changed to something else though but you will have to do a trial an error untill you find the correct value / values to change.. not sure if it's worth the time.. probably will be much easier just to edit the files

Ok, i'll have a poke around and see what happens, thanks :)

Upvote 0

Killmaster

Legend
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Nov 13, 2003
You cant change the stat cap. Unpacking these wont get you anywhere either. Pointless trying if you ask me.

Upvote 0