heya need help

Shady

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 5, 2004
heya hoping to start building a pc within 2 months ( buy some parts everytime i get paid)

my m8 forspinki said he will sell me these for 40 quid
intel core 2 duo e7300 and hyper type R 580w (they worth that lol?)

so basicaly i got a budget of 300 after buying those parts from fors.

could someone post a complete list of parts for everything i need for my pc except harddrive/ powersupply/cpu.

id like a cool looking case :P

the pc is basicaly gunna be used for gaming , thing like wow/mir.
thanks

Warlock

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jul 13, 2003
Scotland, UK.
Check your PM's ive sent you a spec list

Only thing is.. i didnt spec you for a cool looking case.. i spec'd you for a practical good performance case.

Antec 300.

Shady

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 5, 2004
thanks m8 , will the motherboard have onboard sound? i should imagine so but iam a noob :) , much you think a local computer shop charge for building it?

Shady

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 5, 2004
i aint a clue how to build i could fit all parts but aint a clue how to wire them all up lol

betsy

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 25, 2008
when you buy a new motherboard it will come with a booklet, in there it shows you where and which wires go to certain parts of the motherboard.

seen as were now more up to date, your best bet is to get SATA drives aswell,

also when making a new computer you need to make sure that the harddrive has the correct "jumper" which you can look at on the harddrive sticker and it will show you where you need it etc.

Zen2

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 26, 2007
when you buy a new motherboard it will come with a booklet, in there it shows you where and which wires go to certain parts of the motherboard.

seen as were now more up to date, your best bet is to get SATA drives aswell,

also when making a new computer you need to make sure that the harddrive has the correct "jumper" which you can look at on the harddrive sticker and it will show you where you need it etc.

Isnt that what i already said?? PLUS with the new SATA gear there are no jumpers.

betsy

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 25, 2008
oh ok sorry was just going by what i was told at college

Shady

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 5, 2004
MotherBoard - http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/Asus-...-SATA-RAID-ATX

RAM - http://www.scan.co.uk/Product.aspx?WebProductId=1018761

Case - http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/Antec...r-Case-w-o-PSU

HardDrive - http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/320-G...MB-Cache-89-ms

Graphics Card - http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/512MB...VI-XXX-EDITION

ok this is what iam going to be abuying bit by bit in nxt 2 month :P

i got an intel e7300 or ready (cpu)

i need a psu now for this set up , can someone tell me a good psu to buy but not 2 pricey please.

also is there a better g card for 100-120 pounds?

gandy

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 13, 2003
Both Mir and WoW are low end games and mir especially runs a lot better on older single core CPUs and lower end graphics cards. If your expecting this to give you an amazing FPS in mir it wont, infact it will probably lower it and make you lag. For newer games yeh great but i didnt see you mention that. I have a quad core intell 2.8ghtz cpu 4gig DDR3 2000mhtz ram and and a 9800gx2 card and mir is unplayable. however on my old socket A AMD cpu with 1gig of ram and a MX card it runs amazingly.

I doubt your building a PC just for mir but i thought id give you my insight just incase

Warlock

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jul 13, 2003
Scotland, UK.
Both Mir and WoW are low end games and mir especially runs a lot better on older single core CPUs and lower end graphics cards. If your expecting this to give you an amazing FPS in mir it wont, infact it will probably lower it and make you lag. For newer games yeh great but i didnt see you mention that. I have a quad core intell 2.8ghtz cpu 4gig DDR3 2000mhtz ram and and a 9800gx2 card and mir is unplayable. however on my old socket A AMD cpu with 1gig of ram and a MX card it runs amazingly.

I doubt your building a PC just for mir but i thought id give you my insight just incase

Right gandy.. many of the points here are a load of crap

First off it will not give you lower FPS + lag.

Your problem is you got a stupid quad core for starters.. there is no need at any point just now for a quad core for games.. you will get a better frame rate from any dual core. Second of all you have DDR3 ram, operating speed is a lot faster yes but the timings take a mighty jump which is were you loose a lot of speed and latency in that regard. As for the GFX card.. never liked NVidia's on mir.. ATI has always run better and none better than my X1950XT card ( which is old but not MX old ).

Now with a lot of tweaking you might be able to get a decent speed out of what you have.. but a C2D Oc'd 4Ghz + with DDR2 800 and a decent ATI card.. will wizzzz on mir. Fact

gandy

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 13, 2003
I just wrote a very reasonably long reply to this warlock but decided not to start a debate on this guys thread, will PM you my reply if you like, we can debate your opinions there.

Shady

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 5, 2004
to be fair i dowt ill even touch mir nemore , not my when ive got a half descent pc (when its built) i think i only stuck to mir so long because my pc atm is **** lol.

gunna play wow with fors the geek.

thanks warlock for all help :)

ill let you know if i need your help in future , hopefuly be built in 2-3month :P