Hidden Mist! [2.3]

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

HiddenMistGM

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 27, 2011
London, UK
what's left to be completed?

Well, we still have a few quests to put in, a couple more "solo leveling" caves and not much else I can think of really.

Only other thing left to do is our last checks to make sure everything is as balanced as possible.

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
Server sounds promising.

Take your time testing and perhaps make a 10man closed beta since you have tha many pm's from ppl interested. That way you can actually tweak lvling/drops/pvp. No need to rush it. There are no good servers arround and none is about to be launched so better delay it and test it bit more to avoid launching in the same time with TH expansion.

/Mitsos

Reactions: HiddenMistGM

Dany97

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 28, 2009
Timisoara
Server sounds good.

Maybe I'm gonna give it a go when it's open.

Just a question: Will you have an auto patch ? Or you'll just upload patches manually?

HiddenMistGM

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 27, 2011
London, UK
Server sounds good.

Maybe I'm gonna give it a go when it's open.

Just a question: Will you have an auto patch ? Or you'll just upload patches manually?

I think we are going to stick to old fashioned manual patch updates to be honest mate. Partly because I am not that great at making things like that and partly because if one little thing goes wrong in the auto patcher, it messes everyone's game up. If we just have manual patches, there's no chance of us messing up.

Shank

The_Mafia
VIP
Dec 4, 2008
your choice but id rather do both manual and auto patcher, alot of ppl wont want the hassle of manual patching

Reactions: HiddenMistGM

Gezza

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 23, 2008
uk
I think we are going to stick to old fashioned manual patch updates to be honest mate. Partly because I am not that great at making things like that and partly because if one little thing goes wrong in the auto patcher, it messes everyone's game up. If we just have manual patches, there's no chance of us messing up.

But chances of the user messing it up, autopatch the way to go imo. Good luck on the launch.

Follower

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 2, 2005
Australia
Nice, a decent promising server just before my Alienware lappy arrives. Can't wait to get on and give it a go.

azzi

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005
Will defo give this a go, any ideas on ETA? Sorry if its been said its too early and im too hung over to read thru the thread >< aha

kelvin09

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 13, 2008
Tbh bud sounds like u've put your hard work into this and its gonna pay of big time... :) and for all those who said ROM's etc are bad for the server... like some1 said some are rele nice and well spoken.. But i kno this GM rele well.. he's not the type to get a PM sayin Let me run this software and i'll pay you.. he knows your cheatin he will ban u simple as... he dunt put up with bull****.. although he will have a laugh and a joke with us all, However on the matter he can have his mr nasty side if u push his buttons like any man wud, So my suggestions to you all... lets make this a 2.3... Where we dont cheat... we dont tweak and let the ****in fun begin... We can all see thers alot off hype about this server so we know its gnna be a good run... the fact ther takin so much time onit shows ther commited to it also :), all i can say it good lucks lads and ill see ya all ingame hopefully :)

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
So my suggestions to you all... lets make this a 2.3... Where we dont cheat... we dont tweak

Not

Going

To

Happen.

There are going to be cheaters, there are going to be speedy tweakers. It is near impossible to tell the difference and there is no protection against it on 2.3 - the only thing you can rely on is GM's enforcement. If GM says anyone "tweaking" or over X speed will be banned then maybe people will de-tweak / not cheat for once... but then they'd lose some users as they may not want to de-cheat/tweak as they like having a stupidly unfair advantage over others.

I really hope it doesn't turn into a 4H/3H situation. As long as GM keeps a strong and constant viewpoint on speed, should be fine.

HiddenMistGM

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 27, 2011
London, UK
I am going to be strict on cheaters. No second chances, (assuming I have actual proof obviously). I don't think there will ever be a Mir server, 2.3 or otherwise that is cheat free to be honest. It's in some people's nature to find the easiest way to do things and if that means cheat, that's what they will do.

Like I said, there is a zero tolerance system towards cheaters / bug exploiters. The warnings will be in the server shouts in game and on the forums. Anyone seen in game cheating will have the character deleted on the spot. No if's, no but's.

Status
Not open for further replies.