host cant connect

Join Discord

Zeleon

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 11, 2003
away from u
my friend hosts a server, I can connect and all, but he cant o.O weird... elp!

yes he has forwarded ports

he has followed the guide but doors wont open for him, he has check if the name is spelled correctly in ini files, and.... nothing!

please elp :(

Blaminator

VIP
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 11, 2003
London
has he checked if his IP is correct?

just as well he cant conenct from the host pc :P most of th etime it causes lagor

DeathsDoor

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 9, 2004
Kurdistan
i host a server aswell and all people that join it can connect fine but i have to login and the gates dont open >_< but if i close it and go bak in it opens and i choose char but i cannot login ..

i usually have to connect 5 times until i can actually play :D but i dont care

Zeleon

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 11, 2003
away from u
yes he has checked, his IP is correct, he uses a modem/router combined together from bt, bt voyager 205, its weird, it wont let him connect, we dont care about lag, we just want to have some fun tbh

he tried to use his local ip, lan ip, and wan but doors wont open

he tried to uninstall mir and install it again still nothing, also he has no firewall..

plus it keeps saying that his account is in use or locked by abnormal termination, after 3 tries of loging in, the message dissapears, server selection comes up, selects it, and doors wont open

TheMonk

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 22, 2003
The Void
Zeleon said:
yes he has checked, his IP is correct, he uses a modem/router combined together from bt, bt voyager 205, its weird, it wont let him connect, we dont care about lag, we just want to have some fun tbh

he tried to uninstall mir and install it again still nothing, also he has no firewall..

plus it keeps saying that his account is in use or locked by abnormal termination, after 3 tries of loging in, the message dissapears, server selection comes up, selects it, and doors wont open

it depends on if his router supports letting you connect to the external ip from internaly

with my router if i connect to my WAN ip i get a error ( my router dont support forwading the internal connections to the external side) so ehn he logs in he gets told to connect to his WAN ip - if he cant connect he "gets stuck" but because you are all out side his lan ya can all get in fine

to get round this i wrote a program that modifies the packets as they come into mir telling mir to connect to the LAN IP insted of the WAN ip

ill try to make a relese version of it and post it up here some where( no garentees atm)

leala

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 19, 2004
Zeleon said:

his account in use and locked ect is cos of lag. if he is trying to login again too soon. but get him to check that he has his server name correct in all his files. making sure he hasngot got a space or capital in wrong place. I had simular prob had a space before my server name in just one text file and gates stayed shut. yet everyone else could and did get on lol.