How can i improve this flyer?

Join Discord

Zen2

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 26, 2007
Not looking to be flamed as i know im a noob at photoshop but none of our team are willing to try make a flyer so i have had to give it a go.. Looking for feedback on how to improve this as i know its complete rubbish already.

Attachments

• October 23.jpg
    October 23.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 103

Tallos

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 7, 2009
Put some orange/red in to it, at a quick glance I quite like it, but more vibrant colours would help you a lot. Maybe change the colour of the top left/bottom right pictures? Altering the colour of the writing would cut you off from a fair few choices, as it would make some of it unreadable (ideally keep it white for the smaller stuff, so it stands out).

Oh, is it a typo where you have "Deja Vu prensents"? Correct it if it is, that would help. :P

Zen2

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 26, 2007
Haha yeh i spoted that i also forgot to add the time it goes to and from and post code lol!

Heres what iv done now... im not no pro at photoshop i dont really have a clue how to merge images ect

Attachments

• 21octoberr2.jpg
    21octoberr2.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:

TxGraphicz

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Nov 12, 2006
Tbh mate for what the flyer is going to be used for, it looks alright...i'd leave it like that tbh. Not sure if the attachment has changed the imagesize but the white text could be made smoother/easier to read since that's going to be the main interest in the flyer i'd assume.

T0MMY

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 5, 2007
United Kingdom
Why you bothered? People just chuck them on floor after reading or just without reading. Just put date time and location, your good.

Zen2

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 26, 2007
It has to look kinda catchey to make someone want to read it though sir simpson. Surley you know about selling your product market :P

Aye i think its ok im going to try smooth out that text abit not 100% sure how but maybe if i play around with the shadow settings ect.

Cheers

EDIT does this look any better?

Attachments

• 23rd final 2.jpg
    23rd final 2.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:

Tom27

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 15, 2005
Norwich
Looks like a good flyer for what ur advertising, Bury st edmonds, i live near there =P might treck down =D

Zen2

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 26, 2007
You would be suprised. Alot of decent gear is done by Martin Audio F1 Viod TurboSound ect its in with the top brands =)

Last edited:

GOMEEE

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 5, 2009
looks to cold imo. i am by no means a photoshop wizz nor a designer, but looking @ that makes me think of a dark gloomy old basement and lotsa ice (the watery kind :p)

maybe thts the way u want it to look. and im no fan of garage or w.e type of music all tht is. so blah :p

just my opinion.

Zen2

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 26, 2007
Well semms as its in a club which is very underground like and the music is all underground mash up beats i think it fits the criteria well.

Thanks anyway.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
It has to look kinda catchey to make someone want to read it though sir simpson. Surley you know about selling your product market :P

Aye i think its ok im going to try smooth out that text abit not 100% sure how but maybe if i play around with the shadow settings ect.

Cheers

EDIT does this look any better?
The outine on the chunk of texts seems too "thick"?

mutatedkbass

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Veteran
Jul 4, 2004
Take the Stroke off of the details, possibly add some more brushes and maybe some photos of people going mental or sommet. More adventurous font for the Light 2 Dark title as it needs to stand out, let it have more room as well as it needs to be more eye catching.

Zen2

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 26, 2007
Will have another play soon, Cheers for the advise but im still very clue-less when it comes to brushes.

Leng

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 2, 2009
If " Dark 2 Light " is the name of your event and you wish to promote it then you should stretch it across the whole centre of the flyer to establish it as a brand.

This will pay dividends if you wish to promote the night on a regular basis as it creates "brand awareness" and gives your night an identity.

You also have not indicated what time it starts and ends, this is also very important so people can arrange there evening to suit.

The bit about the entry price and bring ID would probably be better as small print on the bottom of the flyer along with the minimum age ie: Strictly over 18's.

When I used to promote "House" nights, I used to give an info telephone number on the flyer or poster, just record a message on a mobile phone answering machine with the details of the evening and leave the phone turned off so people get through to it, it used to work quite well tbh.

Apart from those few things, the colour and layout are great for the type of night your promoting.