How can YOU help make the files better.

smoochy boys on tour

Demonic

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Dec 1, 2003
I know a lot of you play/have played the Euromir3/USA mir3 Server and the main problem we have with the files atm is Quests. Now to speed up this process, what we need is one of these things:

Idea 1
A break down in as much detail as possible how each quest works, for example who to see, X,Y, Town, what to get/Kill and so forth.

Idea 2
When you start a quest on the real thing, take a screenshot of each Speech box that comes up / NPC you talk to. This will help with the wording, can I ask that you Cut the Box out as we dont need a full Screenshot of the entire game just for one NPC Box.

What we are trying to Achive
If we can Nail down Quests 1-12 for a start,in proper english with the right items, mobs to kill etc then we can speed up the process of the end goal - a complete set of 3G files that work for all to use..

Azura

Mir3 Coder & Adviser
Mar 12, 2005
I'm a 1/3 of the way through the QuestDiary DB's I'll be more then happy to release them once complete.

Demonic

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Dec 1, 2003
Sounds Great tbh..
The problm is most people *think* other people are also working on the same thing and thus not sure what Dir to start in etc. Maybe easier if people post as to what DIR they are doing and from that people can start another and so forth. Objective is to get at least a full set of files in English (proper english) that work (even if Items are Diff names) as a Basis for people to then go off and Cutomise the Server to there own needs..

Azura

Mir3 Coder & Adviser
Mar 12, 2005
I had to edit the DB to let me write more in a certain field :) but its all going well the only think I hate is having to look through the Item DB to look for an item that close to the english traslation.

Atm the Tables im traslating are in Game3G DB

TBL_DairyQuestSet
TBL_MainQuestReward

Last edited:

soulstealer

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 23, 2003
Up North
what i do is ill go into sql and export the items,mobs to a txt file.this way i can open the txt and do a search for item.also i been working on the AreaQuest folder section.if no one has this done before me.I will surely upload and share.im about 60% done with what i english i can think of.I uploaded a few scripts a while back in the download section which runs the new players login quests and i think i added make items scripts in this.also i think what demonic is doing is great.i been working on these files for a while.just wish we had a better set.would be nice to be able to hex a server exe.hope we get more people helping.i also have a few scripts done for like adding elements and few others.basically i did the npc scripts off of usa ei.i matched up what i could.lots of screen shots but i dont play anymore and us is pay now.

DrowninG

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 23, 2003
well, i had loads of stuff pinned down, even the crap u get when u press D (which isnt in euro mir) but then i realised the server files are riddled with more virus's than a $2 hooker so i deleted them =/