How do i get onto mir from skewl?

smoochy boys on tour

Dalisu

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 18, 2004
N.Ireland
i have the files but when i try to connect the connection is closed :( how do i stop this plz help.

Killmaster

Legend
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Nov 13, 2003
well maybe coz at ur school it doesnt allow to connect to others or something like that but im not to sure. I dont think there is a way round it but maybe change ur schools settings on the admin pc :P, so basically the settings of the network at your scholl maybe stopping you.

Hazuki

VIP
VIP
Apr 14, 2004
United Kingdom
killmaster said:
maybe change ur schools settings on the admin pc :P
If only it was that easy :P.

It may be phyically impossible, I know most schools go to there local LEA proxy servers were they block every port and then just open the standard ones. (Basiclly anything below 1024) There is one possible way you could do it, use LeoCrashers MirProxy found on her site. But to even do this you will need certain access rights on your schools network.

Kaori

LOMCN MiR3 Queen!
VIP
Jun 3, 2004
Canada
simply don't play!

if you are university, there are rules. you are not supposed to do any non-academic stuff on their computers.

Dalisu

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 18, 2004
N.Ireland
but i wanna :( u a ***** u no fun :( wahhahahhahaha lol i have no lesson im just in class u see the work is done.

Zidio

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Nov 2, 2005
LOMCN
lol mir adicts these days >.< not possible unless you could get to the main server pc which i dout as for the ports there noumerous router hubs ect in schools these days u dont have a chance lol....

LeoCrasher

Former Administrator
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
::1
It is possible... I've done it plenty of times just to use my ServerChat proggy at college.

Your going to need:
1) PC connected to the internet, accessable from college (home PC perhaps?)
2) Three outbound ports your schools proxy allows (usually 21, 80, and 443 - however this is very much upto you to find out).
3) Modified Mir.exe which connects to your three chosen ports. (hex 7000, 7100, 7200 to the three ports you have outbound access to at college).

Then, on the volunteer or 'proxy' machine you've setup - you need to run MirProxy.
1) Run MirProxy, entering in the three ports you've chosen.
2) Enter the IP of the server you wish to play
3) Press 'start'

At school with your modified MIR client, change the IP in the INI files from the one you wish to play, to the IP of the machine running MirProxy. Obviously this means that said machine will have to have your three chosen ports open.

After that, all should be well.
/Leo

Dataforce

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Apr 15, 2003
LeoCrasher said:
It is possible... I've done it plenty of times just to use my ServerChat proggy at college.

Your going to need:
1) PC connected to the internet, accessable from college (home PC perhaps?)
2) Three outbound ports your schools proxy allows (usually 21, 80, and 443 - however this is very much upto you to find out).
3) Modified Mir.exe which connects to your three chosen ports. (hex 7000, 7100, 7200 to the three ports you have outbound access to at college).

Then, on the volunteer or 'proxy' machine you've setup - you need to run MirProxy.
1) Run MirProxy, entering in the three ports you've chosen.
2) Enter the IP of the server you wish to play
3) Press 'start'

At school with your modified MIR client, change the IP in the INI files from the one you wish to play, to the IP of the machine running MirProxy. Obviously this means that said machine will have to have your three chosen ports open.

After that, all should be well.
/Leo

If the school forces the use of a proxy server however, i imagine this wont work.

I would use "Your Freedom" (google it) and then SocksCap, that would work no?

LeoCrasher

Former Administrator
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
::1
Dataforce said:
If the school forces the use of a proxy server however, i imagine this wont work.

I would use "Your Freedom" (google it) and then SocksCap, that would work no?

Works fine on a humble HTTP proxy. And no... SocksCap won't work as the client IP is held within the encoded server login packets (which is why I made a proxy app as opposed to a guide on tunneling).

/Leo

Dataforce

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Apr 15, 2003
i cant see the mir client talking HTTP tho? For instance, The proxy server at my school ONLY allows http traffic through, and only on ports 80 and 443, and it actively scans the traffic to prevent bad words and non-http stuff etc appearing.

So in my situation, i would need a client side app, that listened on the 3 ports, and a server side app listening on port 443, then the client would connect to the client side app, which would talk ssl to the server-side app which would then communicate with the mir server however you do (the destination ports would need to be encoded in the traffic)

The next problem with the use of proxies, is that to send data, you need to use POST (GET doesn't allow long enough data iirc), and (at least with SQUID) you cant send the data, receive some data, send some more etc - you need either a GET that is connection: keep-alive that just recieves data and then post data separetly in packets, or post data every second (either waiting data, or blank) and get the data that way)

Short story, this prolly wont work on the tight setups