How do i play legend of mir on my other PC?

smoochy boys on tour

Cooleye

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 15, 2004
Hi. Just a quick statement here. I can Host a legend of mir server on my HOSTING PC using a router. I can play the server on the HOSTING pc, but how do i play the server on my other pc in my LAN? It always says connection closed =/

Thanks.

Chimp

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2003
The Land Of Monkeys
i think u have to set all the ip's on the host comp to 127.0.0.1 and then use that for the other one otherwise i think Fernys has a guide on how to set up a server thru a router

Kaori

LOMCN MiR3 Queen!
VIP
Jun 3, 2004
Canada
what kind of router is it?

a lot of "cheap" routers don't support "Loopback" or "NAT redirection" whatever they call it.

If people CAN connect from outside and you CANNOT from LAN, then you have that problem...

so to check... assuming you have 7000 port opened for your login gate and on router. login gate should have the "active" and "show message" checked

ask someone to connect using cmd... "telnet yourPublicIP 7000". they should get a blank screen, and you should get the IP in the login gate window.

now you try to connect using cmd... "telnet yourPublicIP 7000". if you get blank screen, it's GOOD. if you get "connection refused" after 30 seconds or something. that means you have a loopback/nat redirect problem. also on the login gate you "may" show you are connecting with your lan ip and with connected, error, connected, error, disconnected...

now to make sure you can connect in your lan.. try doing "telnet yourLANIP 7000" you should get the blank screen. and login gate should show your lan IP.

well to fix it.. you will have to see if your routers firmware is updated... look for beta firmware of your router if you can find any. if not.. then get rid of your router and get a new one :P

Cooleye

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 15, 2004
for me to play legend of mir on my hosting pc, i need to use microsoft loopback. I input my internet IP in it along with my subnet mask address... and i can happily connect to the server on my hosting pc. But when it comes to my other pc in my LAN it says connection closed? I use the ip of my hosting pc to try and connect to it. Is that right?

Kaori

LOMCN MiR3 Queen!
VIP
Jun 3, 2004
Canada
lan ip... like 192.168.x.x you should be able to connect... but if you use your REAL ISP ip... you will probably not connect... that's the loopback problem on the router. nothing you can do if you don't update/change your router.

example: assume 192.168.0.2 is lan ip, 193.193.193.193 is your ip assigned by your isp
telnet 192.168.0.2 7000 ... you get blank screen...
telnet 127.0.0.1 7000 ... you get blank screen if you are doing it on the same comp...
telnet 193.193.193.193 7000 ... you get connection refused. = loopback problem

what's your router's brand and model?

Cooleye

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 15, 2004
So i basically cannot connect to the server on my other PC because my Hosting PC has got Microsoft Loopback enabled?