How do many servers come still?

smoochy boys on tour

Coly

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 31, 2005
Germany
Which to hell ? How do many servers come still ? :mad:

in the last Time more and more server come. I have no problem with this, its ok...
My Problem is the Exp and the other stats...
All the New server come with 40x 60x 80x 128x ...
Where to is that good?
In my opinion this makes Broken Mir3, not more.
No Quest Sense, no understand the Game, no Story on Highrate Server
and 15 min Fun .

In my opinion it looks like "I have a Server Running and I am the Hero and a Mir3 God"
Sorry Boys, you need more as make a server running...

I belive the most High rate Server Owner have no Idea over the System
or how I can Script Complex Systems, or or or or or or or...

hallmat

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 19, 2007
Which to hell ? How do many servers come still ? :mad:

in the last Time more and more server come. I have no problem with this, its ok...
My Problem is the Exp and the other stats...
All the New server come with 40x 60x 80x 128x ...
Where to is that good?
In my opinion this makes Broken Mir3, not more.
No Quest Sense, no understand the Game, no Story on Highrate Server
and 15 min Fun .

In my opinion it looks like "I have a Server Running and I am the Hero and a Mir3 God"
Sorry Boys, you need more as make a server running...

I belive the most High rate Server Owner have no Idea over the System
or how I can Script Complex Systems, or or or or or or or...

I know what you mean all the server's comeing up with a high rate exp and they have no idea why people like high rate servers its annoying and only worth the 15 mins fun if u can call it fun

just pointless

i will be making a low rate server soon

Coly

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 31, 2005
Germany
no no I mean Girl and Boy :P ... The most Girls makes better things in Mir3 as Boys ^^

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
I made a server once, based purely on quests lol.

All mobs on the map give no exp at all, they r only used for item hunting like usual, but also for quests an stuff lol.

U can only lvl off Quests :P I think i made it like 1 Quest per lvl.

Only problem with that was that i couldn't think of enough quests to make it worth launching lolz

Tass

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 8, 2005
I made a server once, based purely on quests lol.

All mobs on the map give no exp at all, they r only used for item hunting like usual, but also for quests an stuff lol.

U can only lvl off Quests :P I think i made it like 1 Quest per lvl.

Only problem with that was that i couldn't think of enough quests to make it worth launching lolz

Thats called world of warcraft isnt it?

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Well i based it around WoW, but it's a Mir server, and instead of just like 5,000 Exp a quest, i made it give whatever exp it takes to get them a lvl (e.g. Lvl 40 to 41 would take 4Mill Exp, so thats what the quest would give)

But like i said, i never told any1 about it or bothered to advertise as i could only think of 20 Quests (20 Lvls) baring in mind they have to be long quests so u actually earn the whole lvl lol, and since all the mobs would give 1 Exp a kill (Or none at all if u out lvl it) quests would be the only way to gain lvls.

This actually gives private mir servers a chance to actually use groups. e.g. i made the lvl 15 quest kill and receive the quest item from BoneElite (Mir2) most people can't solo it at 15 so it would urge people to make a group of lvl 15's :P Cause if u dont do it, then u don't lvl basically lol. Also stop the afk lvlers ^_^ oh and stupidly out lvlers to get like lvl 50 in a day.

Would be a great server don't ya think? lol only able to lvl on quests, no items r the same, all custom made, would be awesome

Last edited:

Coly

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 31, 2005
Germany
Sonic, this is a good Idea and not I mean with the Thread ;-)
you Level / Exp Base is full diff to the High Exp Server.

Miasma

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 15, 2007
Well Sonic i think if u cld finish that quest based server a lot of players wld play it.
Perhaps u it has a max lvl thats not that high ~50 or ~60 and bosses cld be made a bit stronger so they are unable to be killed alone. After u got max lvl quests can give Items or anything else...
there a lot of lom servers but most of them are highrates. wouldnt it be better if there are many different kind of servers? ;)

~~Miasma

Coly

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 31, 2005
Germany
Miasma ^^ you can't make a Mega Boss on Mir3, If you have the correct level you can Solo the Boss. On 3.55 Server you have a bit more change to make it a bit harder.

Miasma

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 15, 2007
Dont know the difference between the versions 3.55, ptw, job, whatever.
But i know once u added a KI/AI system to the bosses on the illusion server, some highlvl bosses have been very difficult. they did the "normal" dmg but u did less dmg than the bosses regenerated -> tao is needed for poison. now dont put paras ig and no primal fury. bosses wld get much harder and dont know if its possible but if it is some bosses cld get more mc/dc/sc e(att) so bosses would make fun again.
but im nub at scribting so i dont know if my ideas are workin on the server versions xD

~~Miasma

Coly

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 31, 2005
Germany
:) We use 3.40 Server and Mix Version (PtW / Job)
Old Olymp System is JOB, 3.55 is PtW (is the Story Version)
Jugment of Blood and Prelude to War or so ^^
I not Done with the IG atm, I Know you. I belive atm this version is good and need a bit change then it is very Hard to Kill the IG. Better we make like RudolphtheKing XD

Miasma

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 15, 2007
yeh the rudolphtheking was very nice :d)
shame that he had only that low hp but i think it was max'ed ^^

~~Miasma

Kazz

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 12, 2006
rudolphtheking hurts lol coly should make him easier :mooned:

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
I scripted an NPC last week, for a lvl 30 Quest (I made 10 more ^_^) It's to kill WT, i coded it so that it will only telelport u if ur in a group, the WT was put into a box room aswell, so u can't escape untill it's dead lol, so either kill or be killed :D

Every 10 lvls is a boss quest and requires a group of 2 or more, and u will be placed into a box room with ur whole group and so people don't try solo it to avoid doing groups, the entire group will be telelported into the box room.

Also to keep the coding as simple as possible, i did place these in seperate rooms to save me coding time, so each WT for each group will be in a different room, that way i could just make e.g. the Group 4 WT, drop 4 of the Quest items instead of coding for it automatically so each group member gets it.

Group of 2: Normal HP + Regen Speed.
Group of 3: Normal HP + 10% Higher Regen Speed.
Group of 4: Normal HP + 20% Higher Regen Speed.
Group of 5: Normal HP + 30% Higher Regen Speed.
Group of 6: Normal HP + 40% Higher Regen Speed.
Group of 7: 25% Extra HP + 35% Higher Regen Speed.
Group of 8: 50% Extra HP + 40% Higher Regen Speed.

That's not 100% accurate but u get the idea of it lol. I tried to make it so that all classes could play a part in the killing, so higher up i tried to make Taos have a use, e.g. theres no way a Group of 6 Warriors could kill it with a 40% Regen speed. The Wizards use i haven't quite thought of, maybe by the time WT hits 75% HP, mass spawns of Wooma could raid the Box room? Then maybe again at 50% and then at 25% not sure may have to think about that lol.

I also changed some quests, every 10 Quests, u get an item aswell as the Quest item.

u can choose from a Weapon, Ring, Brace, Neck, Armour, Helm, Boots, Belts or Stone.

Now whatever item u choose, that will be the best item u can get for the next 10 lvls.

e.g. u choose the Weapon, no other weapon between lvl 10 and 20 will be better than this 1, but u can only get it from the quest, it wouldn't be in normal drops, only the normal items would.

Same for the next quest weapon, no other wep better between lvl 20 and 30, then 30 and 40 etc. Same for the rest of the quest items aswell, depends what item u wanna choose from.

I'm actually thinking of making it now tbh, wonder how many would join ^_^

Last edited:

Amenovis

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 9, 2006
Germany
mhh highrate servers mhh yeah coly im in accordance with ur opinion mhh but ill think there are manny pps that have knowledge with a high rate server *look checkvimto turboshandy milo and other (if a name is wrong written sry) mhh also servers online lowrate with ppl with much knowledge (illu olymp zentaur and the one from idebaga(also sry if written wrong) mhh i have a totaly other prob i ask me ever why all new servers are a nearly copy from euromir mhh there are so much possibilitys to make a own game. i know olymp and illu totaly diffrent at beginning they was very similiar also zentaur was a copy of euromir but zedi make a great job to change much. my server is up but ill think its a clone of noone (i hope if i dunno it) ill have change for example all names from items all stats rofl and all cave maps u go inside woomatempel and u are in totaly other cave (that was funny as the first players was on it*hihihi) mhh for the future i wish me more servers that are individual with new ideas like sonics with new style new quests that would be great! Highrate servers mhh i c no fun in it but hey the owners and the players must know it self but ppl that make now own servers PLSSSSS be ur own and not a copy

edit: damn how could i sry hehe dont forget the ppl with knowledge that helps here all the time :) hihihi example kaori demonic wolf... and the rest hihihi sry :)

Last edited:

Coly

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 31, 2005
Germany
checkvimto turboshandy milo <-- ^^ I know, Phonix has more as One Highrate Server and all have many Knowlage. I mean Server Owner like
I make open a Server and next Week, arrg I can't host or I have Problems and so...

Olymp , Xtream, Illusion , Zentauer all long Time Server, idebaga Server looks like it will by a Longtime Server ^^ and idebaga has same Knowlage in Mir3 and give this back to the Mir3 Comunity.

Understand me, I mean Only Hoster with Home Box and Highrate Server and many Problems. Look in the Server Adv. Thread, ever the same things, Open a Server High EXP GOLD ITMES and many same things. End of all this server
Problems, Server come back for one or two day and then Done for ever...
I Know I don't write all the things I have made on Illusion in LomCN and yes
we have to low English Player (*I belive most over all is 10*) .