How do you find a players password to change it on a BAN?

smoochy boys on tour

Dave2

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 24, 2008
How do you find a players password so you can change it and Ban them? especially when their I.P.'s change all the time and the IP ban isn't working.

using td's 2.3 files btw

Dazz

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 12, 2008
Dbserver - one of the top titles cant remember exactly

Search there name and change there pass.. - you dont need there pass to change it

Upvote 0

Dave2

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 24, 2008
Dbserver - one of the top titles cant remember exactly

Search there name and change there pass.. - you dont need there pass to change it

but what about When they have served their Ban and you wanna do a password retrieval so they can go back to playing? can you find it then?

Upvote 0

Dazz

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 12, 2008
no you tell them there new password so they can change - a GM never needs a players password. thats where u get corrupt gms trying other servers to try hack there players who play other servers.

Upvote 0

Grinch

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 30, 2008
Simple if u want to change him pass use use the butons on loginserver.exe in game ...and DBServer u can see...

Upvote 0

Dave2

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 24, 2008
no you tell them there new password so they can change - a GM never needs a players password. thats where u get corrupt gms trying other servers to try hack there players who play other servers.

lol okay but that's the same thing. I can change their password on them and still log in (if you were looking at it in that respect). I'm running a server and just want things made simple for me.

Open a List and poof PASS=banned13123

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dazz

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 12, 2008
Just stops you getting accused.. thats all - i run a server its alot easier just to open db server and search there name and type a new pass.. it doesnt tell you there pass there

Upvote 0

Primal

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Jun 28, 2004
ban them, then delete the name from the ban list once their ban has finished?
no passwords needed

Upvote 0