How hard is it to make a bot program?

vegeta59

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 15, 2005
Im making this to test my OWN SERVER. Anyways if i planned on doing some basic bot stuff like killing mobs etc...

I plan on learning c++ . But im not sure how i would apply that in making this..

Can someone shed some basic light on how this would work.

Cheers

mStation

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 29, 2003
♫♪♫ ♦♥♠♣ ♀♂♀
are you try to figuring out a way to test a lot of functions of your server using an application? in this case the code will be much complex and not this easy i believe.. i feel that making a possible macro registered of you making some gameplay would be much easier than coding a full load of different cases to handle with..

another way to test is to find some ppl willing to help which u trust a bit a go in beta live and see what happens.. ovviously each player will have to report each day..

Tom27

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 15, 2005
Norwich
Sorry to say but hellcaster is correct in that situation.
c++ takes a long time to get use to.

I suggest you get revising - www.google.com - enjoy.
bots are alot more complex than you would think.

shorty606

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 10, 2005
Not that hard you know, me and nick had a working Bot that could run, use pots, hunt, use shops, everything really.

shorty606

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 10, 2005
Eh? I did do it by myself, I wrote a bot that worked and did everything.

DarkWarLord

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 26, 2008
Im making this to test my OWN SERVER. Anyways if i planned on doing some basic bot stuff like killing mobs etc...

I plan on learning c++ . But im not sure how i would apply that in making this..

Can someone shed some basic light on how this would work.

Cheers

If you dont already know a programming language and you have no idea on
concept of creating a bot then you have least good 4months+ of work to do

Also why would you create a bot just to test on your OWN server i dont understand what you would acheive?

NickAKAVexus

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2005
New york
Yeah I still got the source for that bot we did cheeky.. its pretty cool.

Has visual map (made of pixels) you click on the map and it would make a automatic path and run to the appointed destination. It would hunt by itself if you set way points in caves and what not.. use pots pick up items/gold.

Oh the fun, I use to use it on euro because the encryption is so damn easy to crack. Hell I came back after a year and cracked the new american encryption as well. :D

Tom27

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 15, 2005
Norwich
Yeah I still got the source for that bot we did cheeky.. its pretty cool.

Has visual map (made of pixels) you click on the map and it would make a automatic path and run to the appointed destination. It would hunt by itself if you set way points in caves and what not.. use pots pick up items/gold.

Oh the fun, I use to use it on euro because the encryption is so damn easy to crack. Hell I came back after a year and cracked the new american encryption as well. :D

Post a few screenies please nick:biggrin: