How long a player has been onlne

paul.obrien

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 28, 2008
ive been thinking about this for a while but didnt want to post it.Seems a bit silly i carnt work it out lol.i can work out the most complex scripts but not something simple like this.go figure .
anyway

Im trying to get a sendmsg 6 "been online for x amount of minuites"

i hope you get what i mean and any help would be appreciated.not a big issue just wondering

akacary2

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 11, 2008
Hartlepool
QUOTED FROM KONI ON ANOTHER THREAD
[@main]
#say
hello <$USERNAME> welcome to the info npc\
there are currently <$USERCOUNT> players online.\
Would you like to know the highest players stats ?\ \
<yes/@next> - <no/@exit>\ \

[@next]
This information only counts the people currently logged on: \ \
<$HIGHLEVELINFO>\ \
<Back/@main> - <Thanks/@exit>\\

this is for td's files, i dont know if it is on the normal dm2 files

ok so thats a basic script for it, the command <$HIGHLEVELINFO> takes info from the string.ini file, seach the string file (ctrl +F) and search for MyInfo=

after this you need to have this text:
HighPlayer %name, Location %map Level %level Dc %mindc-%maxdc Mc %minmc-%maxmc Sc%minsc-%maxsc

so now the string.ini like should look like:
MyInfo=HighPlayer %name, Location %map Level %level Dc %mindc-%maxdc Mc %minmc-%maxmc Sc%minsc-%maxsc

save the string file, the change will take effect after a reboot

you can remove the bits from it like %level etc if you dont want it to be displayed you can add your own text in so you could have "highestplayer %name etc etc, but remember the display on the game screen will not add a return it will just send the text accross the screen it wont go to a new line etc

hope this makes sence

koni

Hope This Helps m8

EDIT:- Maybe put this in robot or summit m8 then it comes up every so often? Not sure if it will work for each individual tho cos its a global shout :S

You Logged In <$LOGINTIME> and have been on <$LOGINLONG>

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Weikster

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 21, 2009
36th chamber
I do it by the time LineNotice messages are shouted. (every 5 minutes)
So if you want it every half hour make it the 6th line.
Depeneds on how long the time is between your linenotice messages. =p

Upvote 0

mStation

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 29, 2003
♫♪♫ ♦♥♠♣ ♀♂♀
so line notices start from the first line for every player that logins? i thought they just played every x minutes and didn't connect to the players but to the server running time..

i am just asking, if someone is online for 30minutes and another player connects he will see the 7th message after 5 minutes or the 1st?

if this actually works for every single player then it would be the easiest way of doing it i guess

Upvote 0