how to protect my server from DDoS attack HerosActMir2

smoochy boys on tour

Moderat

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Oct 14, 2018
My server has been working fine for more than six months, but today it was hacked, I could not find out how exactly it was hacked, if anyone has a solution for this frame, please tell me!!
Discord PM me

Last edited:

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
My server has been working fine for more than six months, but today it was hacked, I could not find out how exactly it was hacked, if anyone has a solution for this frame, please tell me!!
How can anyone tell you or provide a solution when you’ve given the minimum amount of information.

Was your server hacked or was it a DDOS attack?

Reactions: Sanjian and Pusha

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
If it was hacked, not a lot you can do about it, except prevent it in future and mitigate any issues that have occurred from it (if it was a GM hack and they have made items n such - rewind/log trace ect).

if its DDoS - You need to speak with your hosting provider to see what they have, or you can look at 3rd party DDoS protection; however host level protection is always your best bet.

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
Perhaps it was Iceman's ghost - claiming his files back.

trippie121

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2017
i dont think he was hacked,, server is only on for a few hours a day, due to him not affording the eleckie, he probs has reset it thinking he will get more players,, ive told him to shove it,,, he never fixes stuff, all he is doing is running iceman's files and trying to get the credit for it..

he is still using a char called Steve as a gm ,, this was also ice's char name :(

Moderat

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Oct 14, 2018
you think that I’m lying, although it doesn’t matter to me why you’re doing this, I don’t think the server will close; it’s a waste of time and money
Post automatically merged:

good game but expensive

my friend suggested restoring the hard drive, I think I'll try this

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
you think that I’m lying, although it doesn’t matter to me why you’re doing this, I don’t think the server will close; it’s a waste of time and money

good game but expensive

my friend suggested restoring the hard drive, I think I'll try this
Season 6 What GIF by The Office

SPL1FF

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Banshee
Game Master
Mar 24, 2003
Did restoring the hard drive work or do you now have no server at all?

• Haha
Reactions: PoPcOrN

trippie121

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2017
apparentley he has or hacker deleted the h/d,,, ain't these files got a back door which can enable people to delete files and h/d ? i remember somit about this couple of yerars ago when i wwas hosting for the late iceman ? i might be wrong

Moderat

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Oct 14, 2018
my friend helped me restore it and I was able to start the server:)(y)

44 Accounts : 7 Guilds : 1 Conquests 72 Heroes Loaded.
recovered by 99%

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
apparentley he has or hacker deleted the h/d,,, ain't these files got a back door which can enable people to delete files and h/d ? i remember somit about this couple of yerars ago when i wwas hosting for the late iceman ? i might be wrong
yep by default heroes has backdoor access that allows files to be deleted from the hard drive, iceman had this put in incase his files were ever stolen

EDIT: if this isnt addressed it will happen again

• Haha
Reactions: Far

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
EDIT: if this isnt addressed it will happen again
This was addressed years ago when it was found and everyone was told not to use those files. People continued to try and release servers with EE files.
——————————————————————
Sounds like someone executed the three kill commands 😂 no sympathy at all. I did warn you months back.

You’re still running around on a gm character with Iceman’s char name or you gone back to your other gm char called IceMan?

Wonders why his server was removed from the forum :kekw:🤡