How would one reboot euro?

PoPcOrN

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 9, 2006
shrewsbury
How did that company reboot mir 2, not sure what they were called but they used a stupid cash shop.

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
Think you might mean Gamepot.
It was an American arm of a Jap company that bought the rights/license to host the game in the USA.
I wouldn't call the cash shop stupid, it's just an alternate method to gain income instead of the previous monthly subscription.

PoPcOrN

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 9, 2006
shrewsbury
The cash shop system is great but I'm sure they sold all end game items in the cash shop which was stupud . not the system its self

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
The cash shop system is great but I'm sure they sold all end game items in the cash shop which was stupud . not the system its self
The items sold were to help with gameplay such as attack and defence buffs and exp/drop increases. Fishing items too to help gain various items such as gems.
I'm not sure the "end game" ethos can even be applied to Mir.

forspinki

Legend
Legendary
Oct 23, 2006
Handan, China
There was much corruption with the gm's on gamepot, when i was a moderator on lomcn i personally received a message from a gm offering items if i promoted the game.

As for your original question there have been many people that have tried to bring out euro type servers but it usually just ends up having a really low user count because unless you own the rights to the game you cannot promote it as well and many people will not join private servers

PoPcOrN

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 9, 2006
shrewsbury
As for your original question there have been many people that have tried to bring out euro type servers but it usually just ends up having a really low user count because unless you own the rights to the game you cannot promote it as well and many people will not join private servers

Indeed which is why i was curious about rebooting the official mir.

Would it at all be possible? or would it be very expensive?

Shady

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 5, 2004
Indeed which is why i was curious about rebooting the official mir.

Would it at all be possible? or would it be very expensive?

i think the licensing would be a stupid amount.

Shady

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 5, 2004
to even get a reply im guessing you would have to be a reputable gaming company?