Attachments

• flyer.gif
    flyer.gif
    71.4 KB · Views: 54

Monkeymoo

LOMCN n00bie
Jul 28, 2003
ok

lol i don't have a clue wat u mean m8 coz all i know is i have a network between my dads comp and mein and i don't know wat the router thing is

Cooleye

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 15, 2004
urbanfox said:
if u cant tell me any of that info lol i assure u, u cant set it up urself

Hi Urban, could u help me out. My router is ADSL ASR-8400 ORIGO Router. Could u tell me how i would host on this router, please. thanks. blesses

Cooleye

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 15, 2004
All the guides I have seen have been for other makes and models but not for ORIGO ASR-8400 ADSL MODEM ROUTER? Anyone know of this Router that could help?

Thanks

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Yeah ive read that guide befor, very good, but i get stuck at the forwarding ip part, as with my router i cant find the option to do it. im using a mentor, any help would be appeciated.

MrSkull

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 10, 2003
you dont need a router to host a p server on a network lmao, all u need is a normal network btween 2 pc's, and set the server ip as the network ip, not tht hard when u think about it .... normal netowrk ip is somthing like 192.168.0.1

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
edit:

sorry, firstly, what are you on about? you need a router in every case if you want all pcs online.

secondly, you can only JUST do that if you dont want to play on the server, you need to forward the ips if you want to host on one pc and play on another.

if it is as simple as you say why do people make page long guides.

MrSkull

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 10, 2003
if you want to host on 1 pc and play on others, just expand your network ¬.¬ , or you saying that the router hosts the server... if so please tell me how it works. I host a server on my network, got 3pcs linkd , n works fine ova network. i can even play on the host pc, but thts just cause my pc is a beast :P

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
anyone can play on the host, as the files take up 1% of CPU.

OK, you have 3 pcs, you want them all on the net at once without a central pc having to be on, you need a router.

a router isnt software, it doesnt have windows or any OS, its a link between pcs and modem.

you can host a server on one pc, and other people can play it, but you cant play the server yourself off any other pc because of the ports.

To do this you need to forward the ips.

What your talking about seems like an offline server through a LAN, in which case no, you wont need to do anything else.

MrSkull

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 10, 2003
yes that is what im onabout, so ur saying having the server online , at the same time as playing through a network?