image editing software

Mystickiller

Bored AF
Golden Oldie
Dec 24, 2003
Minnesota, USA
What is the best software performance, ease of use and value wise.

Corel paint shop pro XI is round £100 and so far does what i need. (background removale, cut and paste and other basic functions)

i am looking to get more advance features out of these, which will be creating professional banners and other sort of uses.

I looked around the adobe site, and noticed their version of this software (photoshop pro) is around £500 ex VAT

now, what are the differences between these 2 that make them more than £500 different in price?

and are there any other programmes available that do the same sorts of jobs same sort of tools etc etc?

Dark12345

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 4, 2004
Portsmouth
hmmm i cant think of the best image editor... (sarcastic) ...

possible get photoshop ? lol

not to mention , torrent software , its free rather then dishing out hundreds

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
hmmm i cant think of the best image editor... (sarcastic) ...

possible get photoshop ? lol

not to mention , torrent software , its free rather then dishing out hundreds

He said he needs to make professional things, to be professional he needs a proper liscence.

Try more of adobe's software, they do much much more than photoshop. I believe they do good programs

Last edited:

Mystickiller

Bored AF
Golden Oldie
Dec 24, 2003
Minnesota, USA
its for a company so it needs to be a legit copy

so far i havnt seen any reasons why one are better than the other. A little bit more information please on why one is better than the other, and the other competition.

ipixel

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 11, 2005
Northern Ireland
its for a company so it needs to be a legit copy

so far i havnt seen any reasons why one are better than the other. A little bit more information please on why one is better than the other, and the other competition.

You cant compare every single aspect of every app on here, i just recommend downloading the trials of each and see what you can pull out with em.

Personally i find PSP to be a fairly weak app, and very noob friendly, just doesn't do what i want it to do.

When i design, photoshop has everything i want right there, so many tweaks to my designs, inbuilt browser to pull up my files when i want them, i honestly cannot describe how much i love this program.

And yes, i have tried every other design app i could find, only other app i had a little fun with was maybe coral draw, but its more or less used for a different thing, ie vectoring/coloring.

Adobe (now merged with Macromedia) are recognised for their software, everything from illustrator to dreamweaver is running under them, their apps wouldn't be "industry standard" for no reason.

If your a light user wanting to twat with photos etc, jasc is the way to go, but if your powerhouse printing/designing photoshop is imo the only way to go.