Installing XP64Bit

Turin

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 21, 2004
LomCN
New RAM or HDD? Which'd Increase Performance More?

Ok,

I've for 768MB RAM PC3200, and a 30GB + 20GB HDDs. Should I buy a new faster and smoother HDD or a stick of RAM? Which'd give the most cost effective increase in performance for gaming and video/graphical editing?

I'm thinking of spending between £40-60 on them.
Turin

Last edited:

urbanfox

No Brag, Just Fact
Legendary
Re: New RAM or HDD? Which'd Increase Performance More?

Turin said:
Ok,

I've for 768MB RAM PC3200, and a 30GB + 20GB HDDs. Should I buy a new faster and smoother HDD or a stick of RAM? Which'd give the most cost effective increase in performance for gaming and video/graphical editing?

I'm thinking of spending between £40-60 on them.
Turin

Pay 75 pounds and I'll get you a 512 stick of ram + a 250GB 16mb cache SATA2 hdd, no profit for me.

Of course you'll have to wait about 2 weeks for me to get paypal straightened...

For the price your stuck in a bad situation, since gaming and video editing need 1GB+ of ram and video editing especially needs HDD space.

If you need something now get a 512MB stick of DDR400 off ebay and a 200GB+ hdd, preferably sata2 and 16mb cache.

Turin

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 21, 2004
LomCN
Sounds good, the moment you get your paypal sorted m8, remind me if I don't ask first and I'll pay you on the spot :D

Turin

ps - that works better, because in two weeks, I can get the full £75 no sweat =) I will definately (absolutely) be buying it.

Thanks!

Last edited:

MentaL

Mir 1.4
VIP
Mar 3, 2004
Cardiff
Wait a few short months for the opteron prices to drop ready for the vista release, im sure a few sites will be doing them cheap with 2gig ram bundles.

Turin

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 21, 2004
LomCN
=/ I already got my Opteron, but I do hope the higher speed RAM does drop in price.

Turin

~HeavenSent~

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 9, 2005
Chorley
I got XP pro X64 yesterday i took it back 2day lol when i installed it after the Xp loading screen it just went black ill stick with XP pro intill vista is released.

p.s 1Gb sticks

1.0 GB DDR400 PC3200 RAM (elixir brand)
Manufacturers Code: Availability: Now
£ 44.99

/HS

p.p.s would any 1 like a link to Vista BETA 30 trial???

Last edited:

urbanfox

No Brag, Just Fact
Legendary
~HeavenSent~ said:
I got XP pro X64 yesterday i took it back 2day lol when i installed it after the Xp loading screen it just went black ill stick with XP pro intill vista is released.

p.s 1Gb sticks

1.0 GB DDR400 PC3200 RAM (elixir brand)
Manufacturers Code: Availability: Now
£ 44.99

/HS

p.p.s would any 1 like a link to Vista BETA 30 trial???

XP Pro 64 is crap, could have read some posts here and saved you the hassle :P

MentaL said:
Wait a few short months for the opteron prices to drop ready for the vista release, im sure a few sites will be doing them cheap with 2gig ram bundles.

Oh look, someone unbanned you? Oh look! He's been rebanned! MOTHER****ERS.

But, just like Dan's GFX advice, this is utter SH1T.

In 3-4 months Intel's Core Duo 2 desktop line will be out so why the hell would someone buy an opteron when for almost the same price they can get a dual core CPU that blows AMD out of the water? Let's also not forget about 2GB of ram being useless in Vista without a kickass videocard as well...

Liandrin2

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 14, 2004
Mentals released more in 1 day than anyone else of the "important" people on lomcn have in ages (after all this is a mir forum no?). Does he really need a ban??

Orange

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 25, 2006
urbanfox said:
Oh look, someone unbanned you? Oh look! He's been rebanned! MOTHER****ERS.

But, just like Dan's GFX advice, this is utter SH1T.

In 3-4 months Intel's Core Duo 2 desktop line will be out so why the hell would someone buy an opteron when for almost the same price they can get a dual core CPU that blows AMD out of the water? Let's also not forget about 2GB of ram being useless in Vista without a kickass videocard as well...

Mental i wish u wud get lost allready, did u make this post for attension?

http://www.lomcn.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=39812

u said u wer leaving and i hoped it was true, yet ur were back n i hope u stay away now :) which admin did u pay to unban u