Is anyone actually going to release a decent new server.

Warlock

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jul 13, 2003
Scotland, UK.
Now recently i have been waiting on a decent new server to be released, only 1 or 2 sound like they are worth giving a try lately, but they never come up, there is talk for weeks on end and "supposed" updates on the server progress, then nothing, it just dies off. Or if they do come up, they are just re-releases of older servers with one or 2 things changed,why hasnt anyone make a fresh new server(dont say its impossible) its not, it just takes a bit of immagination, with all the new things that can be added to mir today, someone could make a beast of a server. I must admitt, Ben my son you have the best effort to date on a private server.. you have lots to do, lots of small quests, and lots of players, sadly i stopped playing your server for about a month and just cant get back into it now...

Personally i think the perfect starting stats for a server should be

EXP - x15(with a max level of say 60 after 3/4 months of playing)
Start Level - 7
There should be at least 40 hunting caves(Ranging from 7+/60+ and not just the usual same mobs to match map, custom maps/mobs)
20boss caves(no just straight to KR but at the same time not like 4 massive rooms, im talking 2 rooms + KR setup thats a bit of a challenge to get to, i mean it doesnt take 2 mins to make a small custom map to use at the 1st/2nd floors)
10+ Group hunting area's (Harder boss's ranging from 2 people to 5/6 people need to get the KR and kill boss)
And last but not least about 5/6 Guild hunting area's where you would need 12+ players to get near the Kr, and you might need some more to kill the boss.

Now as for stats, they should be low/med and not used over the 255(it was never needed before). Also throw away this " SET " idea and make single items for each class and maybe just maybe ONE set for each class, that is the ultimate. It makes the variety of kits a bit better, and will also give players an opertunity to play with stats as they like them, not just identicle to a player of the same level, there should also be RARE items for each class, these are the ones you get from guild hunts very rare indeed.

Just thought i would throw this out there. Any feedback to add please do, any flames you can **** off :D

NickMason2007

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 2, 2007
inside a cake
totally agreed,abit fed up now..hardly decent servers out
and when they do come up,they dont last long

we need a server thats going to be around a long time and be very extensive

i must say mirrevenge is one of the top 1`s..and oldskool,they both have alot of good features

holly

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Mar 26, 2003
I used to enjoy making ledu servers but i never actually released any of them. I found the files easy to use and were quite simple. I have wanted to get into 2.3 files but I havent had much luck finding out how to do it all. I wish there would be more people trying to push files out and encourage people to make servers cos I think there are alot of people who want to but just dont know how. I think if there were better set up guides available more people would put effort into it and we would see so many more servers going up.

/DaBeach

chu22

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 5, 2004
Newcastle
Wait wait wait... do you realise how much time and effort it takes to create a server.

Easy you saying do this, do that, do this sitting on your end.

There should be at least 40 hunting caves(Ranging from 7+/60+ and not just the usual same mobs to match map, custom maps/mobs)

At least 1-2 months work to get perfection in this area with that sort of range.

20boss caves(no just straight to KR but at the same time not like 4 massive rooms, im talking 2 rooms + KR setup thats a bit of a challenge to get to, i mean it doesnt take 2 mins to make a small custom map to use at the 1st/2nd floors)

Another month to get this perfection, probably more...

10+ Group hunting area's (Harder boss's ranging from 2 people to 5/6 people need to get the KR and kill boss)

Another 3-4 weeks to get this perfect.

And last but not least about 5/6 Guild hunting area's where you would need 12+ players to get near the Kr, and you might need some more to kill the boss.

Last but not least another month to add this...

If it's so ****ing easy to do, why don't you just go out there and do it. Not everyone has all the time in the world to cater to a bunch of ungrateful retards, because lets face it once the server goes up, even with all that, you'd just want more, more and more.

By the way, thats over half a years work above, not to mention all the other stuff you'd want. Goon.

Omen_lom

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 29, 2006
Wait wait wait... do you realise how much time and effort it takes to create a server.

Easy you saying do this, do that, do this sitting on your end.

At least 1-2 months work to get perfection in this area with that sort of range.

Another month to get this perfection, probably more...

Another 3-4 weeks to get this perfect.

Last but not least another month to add this...

If it's so ****ing easy to do, why don't you just go out there and do it. Not everyone has all the time in the world to cater to a bunch of ungrateful retards, because lets face it once the server goes up, even with all that, you'd just want more, more and more.

By the way, thats over half a years work above, not to mention all the other stuff you'd want. Goon.

Saved me time typing that up, thx.

Its not hard work, just alot of work.

Warlock

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jul 13, 2003
Scotland, UK.
haha didnt you read the bottom of my post dickhead?.... Flames can **** off, now if your a slow retard that would take a month each to do, if on the other hand you are not, you could do that full server in a few weeks, then a few weeks testing, i would love to have the time to work on a server, but since ive never used 2.3 files i would find that a tad hard to do. I do have a 1.4 server on my comp atm, it has 30odd lvlin area's from 7 - 60+, 20odd boss's ranging from 20 - 60+, 10 Grp boss's ranging from 30 - 60+, 3 guild hunt area's about 20 quests, loads of rares for each class, and staggered kits for each class no multistat on about a 15x/20x exp rate. with all the usual extra's, thing is i dont have a host PC, im not paying for a dedi and i wouldnt give the files to anyone to host, plus with the arseholes that play these days it would just be cheat infested and there is no way to stop it. This all in all took me a month to do, now you tell me thats half a years works now.

Omen_lom

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 29, 2006
haha didnt you read the bottom of my post dickhead?.... Flames can **** off, now if your a slow retard that would take a month each to do, if on the other hand you are not, you could do that full server in a few weeks, then a few weeks testing, i would love to have the time to work on a server, but since ive never used 2.3 files i would find that a tad hard to do. I do have a 1.4 server on my comp atm, it has 30odd lvlin area's from 7 - 60+, 20odd boss's ranging from 20 - 60+, 10 Grp boss's ranging from 30 - 60+, 3 guild hunt area's about 20 quests, loads of rares for each class, and staggered kits for each class no multistat on about a 15x/20x exp rate. with all the usual extra's, thing is i dont have a host PC, im not paying for a dedi and i wouldnt give the files to anyone to host, plus with the arseholes that play these days it would just be cheat infested and there is no way to stop it. This all in all took me a month to do, now you tell me thats half a years works now.

so what if it takes you a month to do? thats a reason to call me a dick head? you twat grow the **** up.

If you cant be arsed to learn 2.3 and if you dont have the time to make one how the **** you got that many caves in your 1.4?

Im making my server at my own pace, and the fact im actually taking an extra step to give something to the mir community gives me the right to do so.

Warlock

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jul 13, 2003
Scotland, UK.
Lol how have i got that many cave? how long does it take to make a cave? hmm 15/20 mins to do the set up of caves + floors, 2 mins to add the mobs and you're done, Hard or take long no? thats how. I didnt use custom maps no, i didnt use special maps no. But at least if i make a LDC map, it didnt have tongs or cents on it, at ZT map didnt have zuma's so it was as boring to look at. I also changed the lineup of maps, so it wasnt the same old coords, and by disabling RT and recall on all maps it made it that little bit harder to get places, and makde you work your way through caves.
As for the boss maps, make 30 small maps and dupe them, it might be the same map you go through for 2 floor till the KR, but 2 challenging maps to get through and a bigger challenge at the end.

I worked on my server for about 3 hours per night, took me 3 hours to do items DB, 1 hours to make HZ and setup all NPC's, And about 3 hours making mobs/boss's + testing them at each desired level. And if you are wondering how i could test the grp and guild mobs, i just logged on 4 chars for grp and logged on 10 chars for guild.

p.s Omen if you werent too much of a tit to notice, that comment wasnt directed towards you as you didnt actually post that, you just quoted it. And just to finish off i never at first stated anythin regarding time at all on making a server, i did on the other hand comment on the post by that other tit who just blew server making time out the water... yes by all means put time and effort into making a server it is needed. By to say it takes half a year to make the basis of your server is completly idiotic, You would still have loads to add after the basic mobs/items/maps setup.

Last edited:

Neptune

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 19, 2003
Chester :P
thing is, the older players that used to host servers, have ither moved on or given up with trying any more.

those who are here ither Dont like to make servers Dont want to make a server Dont have the cash to host one Dont have a good connection to host one or Dont have a spare computer to host 1.

there the problems it all comes down to atm

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
thing is, the older players that used to host servers, have ither moved on or given up with trying any more.

those who are here ither Dont like to make servers Dont want to make a server Dont have the cash to host one Dont have a good connection to host one or Dont have a spare computer to host 1.

there the problems it all comes down to atm
How is it that time is not a factor for you?

In my opinion, people don't have the time to spare. 3 hours in the evening for me is actually a lot of time to spend..

TravisW

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 4, 2007
I'd make my server public, but who wants to with all the ungrateful tw*ts that want everything handed to them on a silver platter, ie. X100 exp and best items dropping first day server is up.
Also to pay for a dedicated host is the biggest problem, and I'm not having any part of people supposedly "donating" cash, lol. Thats the thing that has fked every experience I've had playing any private server, people buying their way to the top, then they think they are good at the GAME.
TBH, with the exception of RageZone and Meteora servers, they all suck. :agree:

Last edited:

Playboy

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jun 20, 2006
Grantham / Lincolnshire
well i havent finshed my server ive been busy with other things lately, but it is nearly ready for testing, just added a few more quests and more hunting areas.... just need to add the mobs to db and do the spawns... and sort all bossmobs drops out, then my server is set and ready to go.....

i know ive took ages doing it but i do have a life, and to all those who think GGSOnline aint coming up please think again...

Beta should be on friday if i keep at work with it.

add my msn [email protected]

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
I recon theres just 1 simple reason about why no one puts as much effort into these servers as they use to.

It's because this community is just...how do i put this...a bunch of un-greateful little high school drop out kids, who have nothing better to do than to play a mir server and complain and winge to the server owners when something doesn't go there way.

I think i got that right, feel free to correct me lol.

However, the people who actually post about their decent upcomming servers and don't carry them out should be shot :P because the reason i said above should cross every server creators mind before they enter a single item in the database.

Other reasons such as personal problems (Obviously not the serious ones), or financial problems should also be considered before starting, then they would have no reason to stop progress on the server.

Last edited:

Playboy

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jun 20, 2006
Grantham / Lincolnshire
I recon theres just 1 simple reason about why no one puts as much effort into these servers as they use to.

It's because this community is just...how do i put this...a bunch of un-greateful little high school drop out kids, who have nothing better to do than to play a mir server and complain and winge to the server owners when something doesn't go there way.

However, the people who actually post about their decent upcomming servers and don't carry them out should be shot :P because the reason i said above should cross every server creators mind before they enter a single item in the database.

Other reasons such as personal problems (Obviously not the serious ones), or financial problems should also be considered before starting, then they would have no reason to stop progress on the server.

I Agree, even tho i have said about my old server Renevatio coming back up and it dint happen this is because the renevatio server name was changed to Generation but was still useing the Renevatio 2.3 files but.... i know that im 200% sure of it that im sticking to this other wise i wouldent of worked as much as what i have on it.

>DMX<

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005
Manchester

Ha ha more than likely, or the lazy half of society who have nothing better to do than continue to play a game their clearly addicted to.

Dont think mir will ever be good again, passed its day imo.. You might get a wow factor for a week till you soon realise it gets repetitive like it always has been.

JohnBarny

Known Cheater
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2003
Ya Mums
Ha ha more than likely, or the lazy half of society who have nothing better to do than continue to play a game their clearly addicted to.

Dont think mir will ever be good again, passed its day imo.. You might get a wow factor for a week till you soon realise it gets repetitive like it always has been.

Yeh I tend to get bored of servers after a week or two same old same old but I still enjoy playing

HeadHunter

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 18, 2007
Stoke, UK
Personally i think the perfect starting stats for a server should be

EXP - x15(with a max level of say 60 after 3/4 months of playing)
Start Level - 7

Now as for stats, they should be low/med and not used over the 255(it was never needed before). Also throw away this " SET " idea and make single items for each class and maybe just maybe ONE set for each class, that is the ultimate. It makes the variety of kits a bit better, and will also give players an opertunity to play with stats as they like them, not just identicle to a player of the same level, there should also be RARE items for each class, these are the ones you get from guild hunts very rare indeed.

With Details like that why not just make your own . . .

/Jenix

Dalisu

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 18, 2004
N.Ireland
p69 would be a great server again if it got back to 100+ user account, atm its 60 user account and most are noobs.