ISP Suggestions

smoochy boys on tour

Senture

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Feb 8, 2004
Code:
http://www.top10-broadband.co.uk/

Just stuck my review of UKOffline on there, waiting for it to be added. UKOffline are the most useless bunch of ****ing morons I've ever seen. Even more so than AOL (Eh OH F***ING HELL! lost my internet connection again)

chimera

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Jul 30, 2003
UK
Simple answer Eclipse are the best in 2007.

I'm not saying they are cheapest but real technicians answer the phone, they are always willing to help and they don't try to fob you off.

My personal experience of BT is hanging on the phone for hours while waiting to be transfered to another department because 3 differnet departments could pick up the same call to tech help and I probably don't get the right one first time. :(

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Simple answer Eclipse are the best in 2007.

I'm not saying they are cheapest but real technicians answer the phone, they are always willing to help and they don't try to fob you off.

My personal experience of BT is hanging on the phone for hours while waiting to be transfered to another department because 3 differnet departments could pick up the same call to tech help and I probably don't get the right one first time. :(

You're entirely correct about BT that's exactly how they work.

But money is still a factor for me.

And ISP ratings site someone just posted confuses me.

Everyone has been saying TalkTalk suck yet on this site they're higher than BT?
Plus I've never even heard of the rest of them with the high rating...how trustworthy or w/e are they

chimera

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Jul 30, 2003
UK
To be honest if I was staying in this house I would have looked at Virgin media because the phone lines here are made out of 18th century tin (I think) lol

BT.....well imnsho you can't get much worse for customer service so Talk Talk & fred bloggs useless DSL steam powered service are probably better than them ;)

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
i think the phone lines round here are probably historic as well. everything else is.

i'll check out virgin now.

chimera

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Jul 30, 2003
UK
Basically he means poor speed, data loss, etc... I have no experience of Virgin media to comment it's just that concept of not needing a phone line that interested me.

Setro

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 27, 2005
i get no data loss and slow? i wouldnt say slow lolz £4.50 for 2mb internet? cant complain tbh

w00t84

Big Dick
Golden Oldie
May 25, 2004
Newcastle!
Whatever you do, don't get TalkTalk :(

I haven't had the internet at home for kicking toward 4 weeks now. They suck hard, and when I phone them up they say it's my fault, nice way to keep customers there eh!

Then they attempt to insult my intelligence by telling me to do a virus scan!

TalkTalk sucks, beware.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Basically he means poor speed, data loss, etc... I have no experience of Virgin media to comment it's just that concept of not needing a phone line that interested me.

hmm me too considering my bt landline was pretty much destroyed last time.

what i dont understand is how it works though. virgin media that is