iTunes vs WMP vs [State Other]

Turin

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 21, 2004
LomCN
Hi,

Please compare and debate so I can choose the best player; I've personally tested quite a few and have so far narrowed it down to iTunes, WMP, Winamp for playing MP3s and BSPlayer/WinDVD/VideoLan for movies/clips.

I also have RealMedia for online media plugin things.

Discuss please
Turin

Turin

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 21, 2004
LomCN
Opeth said:
Winamp.

For everything.

hmm, does winamp support online embedded media things? Can it replace wmp and rp on things like BBC news etc?

Ty
Turin

Hate

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 8, 2005
Microsoft makes the best products, i wouldn't change them for anything.

Oh and everything else therefore, must suck.

:doggy!:

LeoCrasher

Former Administrator
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
::1
I use BSPlayer on my HTSC for films/TV as it has BRILLIANT filter management (WMP9 has none), and its really fast.

I use WinAmp for internet radio, and WMP for general music.

/Leo

Turin

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 21, 2004
LomCN
That settles it tbh :P Winamp and WMP (<== I'm suprised at your response to this guys, there's loads of forums slaggin it off lol)

Ty for the responses.
Turin

Elijah

Crystal Dev
Developer
Jul 21, 2004
Windows Media Player has never failed to meet my needs, i have used others like winamp, iTunes, but i just have to keep coming back to Windows Media Player

p.s Windows Media Player 10 That Is.

Opeth

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 15, 2005
UK
WMP just has such an inconvinient interface, winamp just lays everything out infront of you, and doesnt take like a billion mb of memory to run.

Mar 23, 2003
Cairo Orbital Defence Platform
Well, if you consider that WMP uses less memory than the latest winamp release (for me, anyway), then suddenly any argument against it seems....flawed.

I'll admit, it's UI is a little convoluted, but it's very easy to remember. iTunes fails in that it's portable devices are limited to the iPod & ROKR. WMP will go with any PlaysForSure device.

*** Auron goes back to petting his HD5.

Eskimo

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 7, 2003
Neath, South Wales.
Winamp all the way - It has a lot of plugins that can be useful but for what you want which is MP3 - It's the best in my opinion. Like Opeth said, you have everything infront of you, what's playing and the media library.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
itunes. it can play any format, simple to use, easy playlist creation, and if u have an ipod you can ofcourse directly play songs from it.

dont think any other player such as wmp and winamp can play m3u/m4u's

Mar 23, 2003
Cairo Orbital Defence Platform
Farril said:
itunes. it can play any format, simple to use, easy playlist creation, and if u have an ipod you can ofcourse directly play songs from it.

Isn't m3u a playlist format? I swear all my playlists are m3u's :P

As for MPEG4 Audio, I've got the DirectShow filter for it :P

http://support.microsoft.com/KB/316992 :)

Blaminator

VIP
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 11, 2003
London
Farril said:

You disgust me.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
i know wmp cant play m3u's. u usually get them when u copy music directly from cd to hdd. itunes is the only one ive found that will play them ok.

i do really like WMP10. but i always use itunes for the simple fact i can plug in my ipod and play all my music straight away.