Jinchon maps for RubyM2?

Andeh

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 21, 2003
Ok since there doesn't seem to be a working set of Jinchon dungeon maps for RubyM2. I've took it upon myself to try and create my own version from scratch, using the tiles and objects included in the korean client.

I've started with a simple lobby map, which will give you access to 3 different floors. entrance is the bottom right. Let me know what you think.
jchon.jpg

Right click, view image, to see a bigger version. I will continue with this, as I am still learning the editor, still cant work out how to put lights in yet.

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Supporter
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
For ruby m2 use Korean maps :)

When posting images go into file save as .bmp then save as jpeg in paint instead of cropping :)

Looks ok, bit of s funky layout for a lobby, I would expect a symetrial layout or more ,straight'

Andeh

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 21, 2003
For ruby m2 use Korean maps :)

When posting images go into file save as .bmp then save as jpeg in paint instead of cropping :)

Looks ok, bit of s funky layout for a lobby, I would expect a symetrial layout or more ,straight'
Korean maps? The Korean client doesnt have any Jinchon maps, does it?

I tried the file->save as bmp thing in the editor, but the image was horribly pixelated, so I just printscreened it myself.

As for the layout, I may or may not re-do the lobby, i'll see.

---------- Post added at 12:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 AM ----------

Do you have objects/tiles for KR m8 ?
Not a clue mate, just what comes with the korean client.

Although I have noticed that the korean client doesn't have the correct floor tiles for Jinchon temple... Im just using what I thought was the closest match.

---------- Post added at 12:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 AM ----------

Not sure why, but the black areas of the Jinchon tiles, are a slightly lighter shade than the plain black tiles used to fill the blank areas... Is there a blank tile to match the black areas of the Jinchon tiles?

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
I agree about the lobby, the old lobby was just a box room with a door on each wall

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Supporter
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
There is correct tiles, I,ve used them. As for black no there is only 1 shade, it'd just how the Koreans roll. 2.3 and hero files can't use the jinchon maps, but ruby u2 can. Unsure of names.

Andeh

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 21, 2003
i cant find the correct floor tiles for jinchon. Checked multiple times. If you look at my screenshot, you can see the 2 different shades of black, this shows up ingame, and its very ugly