Job Hunting

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Todmorden, West Yorkshire
Tai if you wanted a job you could find one easy it took me 2 weeks to get a job I got one with a temp agency and I didn't it 7pm - 7am in a ware house so you think mcdonalds is bad try standing up for 10hours and 30min's, and when I quit the job I all ready had another job in line which was sainsburys doing nights again 11pm-8am and that was good pay think it was somthing around 7.50 ph and on a weekend an extra pound onto it, it takes ball work to get your self on track do somat you wouldnt even like and look for another job while doing it..... or don't you want your "car" seriously start at the bottom work your way up so to speak.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
lol what's the need for the quotations around car?

anyway I can't even do nightshifts because how am I going to get there?
I'm relying on other people to give me lifts at the moment and my stepdad works days and my mum works from 2-10pm in Bury every night so she isn't really going to be accessible.

I've already said I don't mind working in Tesco or sumthin for now just to get me started and off the ground money wise.

Karl

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 8, 2004
Gloucester
lol what's the need for the quotations around car?

anyway I can't even do nightshifts because how am I going to get there?
I'm relying on other people to give me lifts at the moment and my stepdad works days and my mum works from 2-10pm in Bury every night so she isn't really going to be accessible.

I've already said I don't mind working in Tesco or sumthin for now just to get me started and off the ground money wise.

Use public transport? :eek:

elohelMeight

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 8, 2004
Surrey
yes Karl, great idea, use public transport, on a night shift.

he lives in the middle of nowhere. hardly going to be buses / trains to get him there.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
yes Karl, great idea, use public transport, on a night shift.

he lives in the middle of nowhere. hardly going to be buses / trains to get him there.

lol exactly what i was going to say.

I live a 15minute drive away from there nearest bus stop into town..

anyway i just foned up tesco (again) and guess what they dont even have any jobs....what has life come to?

Last edited:

Rick-e

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 2, 2003
Brighton, UK.
I would suggest not to get a job in a supermarket or somewhere of similar crapness. The problem is, you might get comfortable and used to a full time wage and not do anything with your life, I wasted 3 years of my life in my last job, was getting £300 per week but working ****loads of hours. Then I craved overtime like a Vicar craves toyshops.

Anyway, if you're looking for something along the lines of an office job, then don't listen to these guys and do manual labour. You gotta be right right type of person for that(I know it's stereotypical, but most labourers are "stupid". The exception being Electricians.)

Try and get a job as maybe a secrectary or administrator. You can clearly type and if you can use excel, bish bash bosh, sorted for life. Or not.

elohelMeight

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 8, 2004
Surrey
I would suggest not to get a job in a supermarket or somewhere of similar crapness. The problem is, you might get comfortable and used to a full time wage and not do anything with your life, I wasted 3 years of my life in my last job, was getting £300 per week but working ****loads of hours. Then I craved overtime like a Vicar craves toyshops.

Anyway, if you're looking for something along the lines of an office job, then don't listen to these guys and do manual labour. You gotta be right right type of person for that(I know it's stereotypical, but most labourers are "stupid". The exception being Electricians.)

Try and get a job as maybe a secrectary or administrator. You can clearly type and if you can use excel, bish bash bosh, sorted for life. Or not.

wtf, how can you say that, if it wasnt for labourers nobody would have a clue what to do, labourers are clearly not stupid, let me see you build a house.

Archa

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Nov 13, 2003
Bristol ,England
i've been job hunting for fricken ages also, i've now got to the point where i think balls to it, so im on the doll, yea its only £100 every 2 weeks, but ahh well, moving to spain in few months so, thats just the piss up money :P. get to the job centre, they'll pay for courses etc, like if u wanna do lanboureing, they'll pay for your cscs card and training material, or do what i did when i was younger, went in and said i just wanan do a driving job, nothing else, so they payed for my licence's. gotta love tax payers money.

/Darkunit

Perebble

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Apr 11, 2006
www.atomicide.com
i've been job hunting for fricken ages also, i've now got to the point where i think balls to it, so im on the doll, yea its only £100 every 2 weeks, but ahh well, moving to spain in few months so, thats just the piss up money :P. get to the job centre, they'll pay for courses etc, like if u wanna do lanboureing, they'll pay for your cscs card and training material, or do what i did when i was younger, went in and said i just wanan do a driving job, nothing else, so they payed for my licence's. gotta love tax payers money.

/Darkunit
Scum... :)

elohelMeight

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 8, 2004
Surrey
lmfao :P. hey i worked since i was 13, so i think its time i get to bum about for 6 months or so, + gives me more time to rub it in peoples faces =D.

/Darkunit

So have I, now, if you dont mind, give me my fekin money back

Archa

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Nov 13, 2003
Bristol ,England
So have I, now, if you dont mind, give me my fekin money back

ill stick to keeping my ****ey £100 a fortnight, and pissing it up the wall ;).

everyone should get on the band waggon tbh, everyone else seems to. everyone stop work, get on the doll, it's the future, i've tasted it 0.0.

/Darkunit

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
tbh im thinking of going on the doll as of next week. y the **** not? every other ****er who is out of a job does it. im skint as **** as well. it's not my problem if ppl dont want to employ me because theyd prefer a polish prick.

i have good enough general computer skills without being an introvert nerd and also more qualifications than most people (according to statistics) so i have no desire to go on some retards course for whatever.

i cant even afford to go out anymore ive never been in this situation in my life tbh and it sucks. have had to turn down 2 offers tonight..

Last edited:

Archa

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Nov 13, 2003
Bristol ,England
tbh im thinking of going on the doll as of next week. y the **** not? every other ****er who is out of a job does it. im skint as **** as well. it's not my problem if ppl dont want to employ me because theyd prefer a polish prick.

i have good enough general computer skills without being an introvert nerd and also more qualifications than most people (according to statistics) so i have no desire to go on some retards course for whatever.

100% correct Tai, join the Darkside, We Have Cookie's, And a 2 ltr bottle Of white lighting :P.

better than not getting any money and sitting on your ass, might aswell get some income :P.

/Darkunit

Archa

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Nov 13, 2003
Bristol ,England
So you will take my money and sit on your ass instead? As bad as an immigrant.

Difference Being, I don't class myself as " Bristish " im English. therefore, i am no where near as bad, seeings as i can't get a house for free and a car, like they can, if i want a council house now, i gotta wait 3 years 0.0.

/Darkunit

Karl

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 8, 2004
Gloucester
Ill be perfectly honest with you, im currently on the dole, not because i cant be arsed to work, but the fact is im better of been on the dole than in a job that I earned 20k per year.

I live in a house where the rent is £800 per month (paid for by the council whilst on the dole) along with my £200 per month council tax. Because my other half is registered disabled and we have a joint jobseekers claim we recieved £240 per fortnight jobseekers + another £60 per month disability allowance, and once my baby is registered as born child benefit and income support on top of that. I want to go back to work but why should i when im taking almost £2000 per month in benefits for sitting on my arse at home? If i work it costs me to get there, costs me more for food and I dont get to spend as much time with my son.

Moral of the story is, once you and your partner are 25+ have a child and live together quit work and live on the dole whilst its still beneficial to you, unless you have a super high paid job.