Just an idea

ρяєα¢нєя

Unstookie Titled
VIP
Aug 19, 2008
Recently me and a friend started on a project that is basically like an x-fire for mir servers. For those of you that do not know what x-fire is, its a small program that allows you to add friends and join games with them such a counter strike and half life.

This will be a small project that requires you to register, just username, password and email address. Once registered, you will be able to pick servers from the list and add them to your 'favourites'. Once added to your favourites you will get updates about the server and be able to give feedback on the server.

Obviously this would require the server owners to sign up and agree to have their server listed on the programs database. This could then open the doors to allow each server to have a built-in autopatcher and maybe even allow servers to have encryption on their client files using the program.

I don't want to get too much into the project to find out that the interest for this type of program isn't very high, so im just asking you, would you use it?

-p

Last edited:

^G0trex

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 7, 2003
Bham
ρяєα¢нєя;645356 said:
Recently i've started on a project that is basically like an x-fire for mir servers. For those of you that do not know what x-fire is, its a small program that allows you to add friends and join games with them such a counter strike and half life.

This will be a small project that requires you to register, just username, password and email address. Once registered, you will be able to pick servers from the list and add them to your 'favourites'. Once added to your favourites you will get updates about the server and be able to give feedback on the server.

Obviously this would require the server owners to sign up and agree to have their server listed on the programs database. This could then open the doors to allow each server to have a built-in autopatcher and maybe even allow servers to have encryption on their client files using the program.

I don't want to get too much into the project to find out that the interest for this type of program isn't very high, so im just asking you, would you use it?

-p

If it allowed you to add friends, and see what servers they were playing, then maybe.

Dunno if i'd use it to patch though.

andykid131

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 16, 2006
I know I would use it if a stable version was released =] Could proove very useful. Would it auto-detect which servers you play, and for how long, like X-Fire does?

ρяєα¢нєя

Unstookie Titled
VIP
Aug 19, 2008
Just a little update, the project is coming on nicely and we have a lot of useful features lined up. If you have any suggestions then just put them forward and we will see whether they are feasible and then impliment them.

The program will act a lot like x-fire and display which users your friends are on.

Will post some screenshots in the next few days.

-p