Just finished the video to my Song/Rap about my Mir2 times

smoochy boys on tour

OoOoOo24

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 30, 2005
Wales~Cardiff
Check it out if you fancy it. This took me down some deep nostalgia trip haha, I didn't intend or plan to write a song about Mir but I made this beat and the words / song just came out naturally.
I set up my own Crystal private server to emulate some of the video footage, and the blurry footage from actual Euro Mir was found on Youtube.

Thanks for listening if you did :)

Brynach - GOLDWARRIOR

Basically I played a lot of Mir2 with GOLDWARRIOR and some of his irl family. GOLDWARRIOR / and his tao was TAOSTAR I believe, and they had a friend Leorick. (It was a long time ago so names may vary slightly). He signed me up to WORD and we gamed a lot. I never knew his real name or what he looked like or anything at at about him really. I think after some years playing Mir I got a bit bored of it / started living real life experiences and when I came back after a while (could have been a year or more) the guild was quite empty and I got speaking to someone in the guild chat. He informed me that GOLDWARRIOR passed away IRL and that the guild wasn't the same since he'd passed.
It's a weird feeling having spent so much time with someone, making memories and they pass but you actually don't know anything about them.
I remember being amazed that he was so much older (I say 56 because I kinda vaguely remember that). Could given or taken a few years, but he was a full on adult and I was just a teenager, maybe 14/15. He had a wife and now and again would have to leave or go AFK to tend to her.
So this is my tribute to him and just general times in Mir.

Last edited:

OoOoOo24

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 30, 2005
Wales~Cardiff
Ahh man some nostalgia just watching the video with your lyrics behind it…

Black iron ore, a material so sought after now just forgotten 😆
God I remmebr spending weeks just mining BIO when I was deep into refining. Then later when crafting came out Platinum sold for buck! That feeling when you feel it pop up in the top left saying you found some. (then then feeling of looking at it in your bag and it's like purity 2 or smth -_-)

• Haha
Reactions: SmavidDavid

blazee

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 3, 2012
This is 1 of the geekiest things I've seen In a while but at the same time kinda cool lol.. gj

RIP gold warrior

Reactions: OoOoOo24

sweetfa

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 30, 2003
UK
This is really good and not going to lie brought a damn tear to my eye. You did him proud here i take my hat off to you sir

Reactions: Tai and OoOoOo24

steve

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 20, 2005
Reading
Reminds me of wicked evil wabbit. The dude larping in his garden shouting LIGHTNING BOLT

I’ve just realised the character name bbrryynn Holy **** that’s long time since I’ve seen that but feels like only yesterday

sweetfa

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 30, 2003
UK
We all do but they are now behind us..We need to make some new good old days so that in years to come we look back and say "I miss the old days"

steve

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 20, 2005
Reading
We all do but they are now behind us..We need to make some new good old days so that in years to come we look back and say "I miss the old days"

Happy Season 4 GIF by The Simpsons

Abdozaki

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 22, 2013
Idek?
Super like to this! , by the way is this GoldWarrior from Massacre mir server?

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
Very nice man, I used to have tons of notes for Mir haha, even an A4 sheet with tele cords (still have this around somewhere haha)

but ahh man that "goldwarriror passed away" hit hard.

steve

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 20, 2005
Reading
Only ones I remember. 250:205 and 52:365
For Wooma temple. 18:88 I think for bed 1-ks room🤣

Last edited:

OoOoOo24

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 30, 2005
Wales~Cardiff
Very nice man, I used to have tons of notes for Mir haha, even an A4 sheet with tele cords (still have this around somewhere haha)

but ahh man that "goldwarriror passed away" hit hard.
Thanks man.
Yeah haha, so many papers with random coords and ****. especially when I made a private server and I had mad lists of item sets and mob names and ****. What a trip Mir has been
Post automatically merged:

Super like to this! , by the way is this GoldWarrior from Massacre mir server?
Thanks bud. Nah, I doubt it. Far as I know he only played during euro Mir. Not sure if there was many popular private servers around that time? Was in the prime times of mir so nothing would have competed.
Post automatically merged:

this is awesome. Thanks.

Reactions: Martyn and Abdozaki