Just sold my beloved astra sri 1.8

Join Discord

Atomicide

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 4, 2003
25 next year so hoping that will bump it down a little... Doubt it

I think mine went down a grand total of £50 between when I was 24 and 25, and tbh thats gonna be cos of the extra years no claims, so I doubt you will see any difference at all.

Not bad. I got a 1.6 Honda Civic SE Execuctive and my insurance is slightly more with 5 years no claims (but im full comp though)

Fully comp as well. I looked at 3rd party, fire and theft when I renewed this year cos money was tight and it was about £35 cheaper. I wasn't really prepared to risk my car for such a small amount lol. Excess is £250, think thats the only way new drivers stand a chance, using companies that offer like a £500 excess and praying to **** they don't hit anyone. Also one site qouted me £3500 for my astra, I changed my sex to female, and it dropped to £1200 which is balls.

It's mental. A lad at work is about 27, just passed his test and os paying something like £1500 for a 1.4 Polo

Whole reason for this ****, is the reason for all the other ****. Banking Crisis. Insurance companies were making money with investments, and your policy usually gets split up and sold to different investors to minimise the losses. 10 investors losing £2000 each is negligible compared to an insurance company losing a straight £20000 (as a small example). Nowadays people are unwilling to invest in the risk, less investors mean the company loses more money per payout, which pushes your costs up. Add to that Insurance Premium Tax going up, and inflation in general and you have a big issue.

My advice. Invest in vaseline and durex, because so many people are getting raped by insurance, that sales are probably going through the roof.