Just wanting opinions on lava map i made.

blade4real2004

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 14, 2013
I know its only smallish but its my first ever made map and they always say start off small and work to bigger scales.

Lemme know what you think etc if enough like it I will upload it as well as any future work I do.

Rick

LavaIsle.jpg

Reactions: Tom27

blade4real2004

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 14, 2013
I recently pulled the chinese client from thier FTP so i guess there new, lets put it this way the tile files etc were huge compared to the ones i had.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
lava has been in for years, you access it via a portal which randomly moves on the snow map - similar to how you used to get to magic ship in the desert.

i think the object files are found in /snow folder

impressed you actually built a map for mir3, its a difficult task without object sets. I always welcome new mir3 maps, we don't see them often.

What map editor did you use out of interest? was it Coly's?

CODLOM3

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 5, 2013
It is very sweet!, You can make a 3 elements map (Ice-Lava-Dark)

blade4real2004

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 14, 2013
I used Coly's awesome map editor, it works without lag or errors on my computer, I think thats cause of my graphics card tho. Wasnt exactly cheap when i got it lol Im going to be playing about and making new bigger maps in time to come, I also have found maps i have never seen before in desert style but then ive only recently come back to Mir3 so probs old to some but new to me, I had to fix black patches in the desert maps cause the tiles were missing. But once i have a couple maps created id be happy to share them for people :) Im sick of the same boring maps all time i think its defo time for something new dont you think? :)

Rick

Reactions: Churchill

XloverBoy7X

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 4, 2010
Dundee
Its definetly time for something new... we need some refreshment here.

I would have made some maps too, but for me editor keep crashing:) or just gets stuck loading forever... :)

Its nice of you to share, u should make a separate thread and maybe even ask for some donations for your hard work:)

blade4real2004

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 14, 2013
Soon as I get my webspace sorted out ill upload my maps and map edits for download if the LOMCN admins will allow that, I also kinda destroyed bichon too :P I couldnt help me self i had to blow up the towns buildings haha ill add screeny from my other comp shoutly. Its kinda a last stand place with the palace being the most important building in town so it survives the evil that destroyed the town :)

DestroyedBichon.jpg

Last edited:

Coly

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 31, 2005
Germany
It looks very good, don't give up.
We need more people like you who build maps like this for Mir3.

+rep

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
Soon as I get my webspace sorted out ill upload my maps and map edits for download if the LOMCN admins will allow that, I also kinda destroyed bichon too :P I couldnt help me self i had to blow up the towns buildings haha ill add screeny from my other comp shoutly. Its kinda a last stand place with the palace being the most important building in town so it survives the evil that destroyed the town :)

View attachment 13345
Nice work, would be a good starting map that you can do a few quests such as:
1. Kill some cows to collect food
2. Kill some of the evil mobs around town
3. Collect wood from the tree's so we can rebuild the town etc
Once you done a few quests you then switch to the future map (e.g. the built town with a reward for helping build restore the town)

+rep

Last edited:

blade4real2004

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 14, 2013
Nice idea :) hehe and very doable too.

It looks very good, don't give up.
We need more people like you who build maps like this for Mir3.

+rep

Only possible thanks to your awesome map editor Coly :) So it is me thanking you tbh m8 :)

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
Nice idea :) hehe and very doable too.

Only possible thanks to your awesome map editor Coly :) So it is me thanking you tbh m8 :)
Yeah i was thinking about it earlier, would be nice to see that. Unusual twist on a server tbh, nobody else has a start like that. Would make it so all the npc's are in palace hiding, the king of Bichon asks you to do a load of quests. Once you completed them all (you are knighted by the king), this then allows you into the "Off limits part of palace" -> left or right room.When you enter there to obtain your reward, you collect your reward and leave (the leaving cords would take you to new bichon)

Last edited:

blade4real2004

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 14, 2013
Another new map im currently making which isnt even half finished yet but its looking amazing as it stands at this moment in time and just thought would show people a map soon to be out on the market for people to use :) Floating Islands.JPG

Reactions: Churchill

Churchill

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 9, 2011
+ Rep fella

I do like the idea of floating island, is a few more tiles to play with also which I think you might like,
check chinaboys latest map update for tarzan map and add the Wood folder in data but keep original also just incase as I not had a chance to break them down yet but is a fair few newer objects :D

Keep up the good work

Sejanus

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 14, 2006
that new map looks gr8.

When you gonna release some of them?

You should even get paid for waking up the community xD

Tom27

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 15, 2005
Norwich
Wow top marks!
You should speak with admins about getting a name for yourself on here.

Mapmakers are needed pretty badly

blade4real2004

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 14, 2013
I dont tend to ask for things off people, im sure if im good enough someone of power will notice and say something lol otherwise ill just continue how i am, ill upload some of them shortly if people like The floating islands map isnt even half finished yet the map im making is alot bigger than the screenshot i uploaded just i aint built it all yet there is plans for a few more islands to be added yet :) so that one will be a while but other maps that ive fixed or edited or made i can upload soon no prob. Maybe could get a map forum on LOMCN at some point too.