Kill Quest Help

smoochy boys on tour

azrael

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 21, 2004
Hi im trying to write a quest that once a mob is killed you open up doors to a map.. ive tried a few times but havent got anywhere... any body help me out at all?

i have also placed the flag inside mapquest.txt and specified the mob that has to be killed...

so can anyone point me in the right direction??

cheers

Viola A.I.

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 14, 2003
Newcastle - UK
Use Of MapQuests:
Open MapQuest.txt, copy a line and paste above/below, enter the mob into the MapQuest.txt, specify the script to run on kill event, save and close MapQuest.txt.
Open the MapQuest_def folder, create a new file (named according to the parameter set in the MapQuest.txt), open the file, insert the script...

Example:
Code:
; Map Event 1
[@main]
#IF
random 3
check [011] 1
#ACT
SET [012] 1
#ELSEACT
break
...close and save the file.

(Note: The script above will activate randomly at a 1/3 chance, check for a previous flag, set the new flag which enables the character to go through the door)

Open MapInfo.txt, after the map name add NEEDSET_ON(XXX)...

Example:
Code:
[0 Town 0] NEEDSET_ON(012)
...close and save the file.

(Note: The map in this instance will check for flag 012, which was previously set when the monster was killed - enabling the character to go through the door)

Last edited:

azrael

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 21, 2004
thanks alot mate ill try go by what you have said.. ill be on your tail if it dont work hehe :P

cheers

edit:
is there a way to bring up text box on kill?

Last edited:

Viola A.I.

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 14, 2003
Newcastle - UK
Yes, simple use the #SAY command (originally in that script above I just edited it out).
Insert it like so:

Code:
; Map Event 1
[@main]
#IF
random 3
check [011] 1
#ACT
SET [012] 1
[b]#SAY
The door has opened. \  \
 <Close/@exit> \[/b]