~* Legend of Mir Galaxy *~

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

BeerNMoney

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 9, 2010
Looks nice and refreshing but the one question is will this get abandoned like gravity and supremesis did Luke?

-Luke-

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 9, 2010
Looks nice and refreshing but the one question is will this get abandoned like gravity and supremesis did Luke?

The server will never get abandoned and neither was gravity abandoned it just Galaxy has taken higher prioty at the moment.

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
Surely the cooldowns on the spells or at least on some of em are wrong right? (TDB 15s?)

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
Surely the cooldowns on the spells or at least on some of em are wrong right? (TDB 15s?)

I'd hold off on anything like that until I've actually given it a go myself. From looking at what they have done, a lot of thought has gone into things ( thinking of pvp vs pve, aoe fariness, etc etc).

-Luke-

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 9, 2010

No , they are as intended , just it seems wierd for someone who played whole life the same mir to see TDB have such cooldown , but here it isnt , PVP / PVE will be quick , and each class has a main spell for leveling and for pvp without cooldown and all other will be seen as additions , on most of server tdb/fs was mandatory to take a wiz/tao down , here isn't . Also those cooldowns are in good place to let skilled players be above (atleast in pvp ) and actually allows some interesting combo's to be made .

So please don't judge as a Euro mir player , I'm sure on euro you coudn't entrapment players :)

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003
I see you have put a lot of effort in, I will give this one a go once live.

Darkheartz

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 27, 2012
The server will never get abandoned and neither was gravity abandoned it just Galaxy has taken higher prioty at the moment.
Are you sure? I'm not trying to say your server was bad, but clearly you guys abandoned gravity which is why you had lost all your players, anyone can go to your fourms and see that you take/took over a week to reply to almost any posts, boss spawns, and your event cave, i really liked Gravity and im sure others did too, but everyone left when you guys stopped caring. Thats why im sure people want to know if the same thing is gonna happen here.

b00b00

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Oct 13, 2014
Closed beta ETA :
11/09/2015

September 11th? or November 9th?

definitely will give it a go!

-Luke-

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 9, 2010
Closed beta ETA :
11/09/2015

September 11th? or November 9th?

definitely will give it a go!

Day Month Year

---------- Post Merged at 08:57 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 05:10 PM ----------

Updated advert with Mentorship information.

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Wizards with no Shield for 15 seconds? May have problems with that on bosses.
Warriors will be forced to auto attack a lot which may make warriors boring, especially in pvp
Taoists looks good for once though.

Servers looks good though, been waiting for a decent C# server to pop up so will give this ago when it opens.

Good luck.

thedeath

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 26, 2003
Wizards with no Shield for 15 seconds? May have problems with that on bosses.
Warriors will be forced to auto attack a lot which may make warriors boring, especially in pvp
Taoists looks good for once though.

Servers looks good though, been waiting for a decent C# server to pop up so will give this ago when it opens.

Good luck.

if you look at their pictures: shield has been nerfed to almost non excistance :p

40second delay on shield not 15
and it now works as a pro ring rather then canceling the dmg
(aka it takes the dmg from mp if you have any)
+ when shield is up you take 150% dmg instead of 100 so you become weaker with shield up :p

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
First of all i like what your are trying to do trying to give mir a different feeling.

However i dont really agree with the way your spells are working and least on what i see.

Warriors:
On PVP i guess he will run arround till he has his burst combo up which sort of makes sense.
On PVE though it will be really really boring to just right click and if i play one i dont think i will even bother using TDB/FS once per 30hits for 5% more dps overall. It can work but will be boring as ***.

Wizards:
On PVP i guess they can work the way you want them work with rotation in spells etc
On PVE though and especially in groups i dont see at all what they offer. They lose their main group features which was Firewall and tankiness through shield so unless the rest spells offer that much utility to the group with slows etc(which would make em feel closer to Taos than to actual wizards) i dont see why anyone would prefer a wiz in his group compared to a warrior who would be tankier and can spam "ff" as well as killing a boss faster through aspeed.

Taos:
Well they seem ok.

In general THAT high cooldowns arent remotely close to necessary in a game like mir. I can understand having cooldowns on spells like Curse/FS/Blitz etc or even on mobility spells like shoulderdash but i dont see why it has to be every single spell.
There is a chance that fights will be quite slow and feel like mir 1.4 with warrior auto-attacking wiz tbolting and tao sfbing and thats it.

Anyway i still like what you are trying to do and just expressed some concerns which could be completely wrong since i havent seen your server but just treat it as some food for thought.

-Luke-

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 9, 2010
@TD actually its 15 seconds as when u cast it , it lasts 25 seconds so the remaining 15 seconds are cooldown :P

@Squall its approach we would like to take it , now some cooldowns mite be wrong but thats why we have a closed beta and even on live they can be modified :) , nothing is set in stone :P.
But our vision is that for level all classes will spam one aoe leveling skill (sort of on TH) , leveling is quite boring these days and we try to make it as easy as possible without wasting ages and no class being left behind.

as for bosses (on end game) warrior wills have 5 dmg spells , not 2 like on all servers (their cooldowns mite be adjusted , mite not) , wizzies will have around 9 nuke spells .

Again nothing is set in stone and i dont wanna sound stubborn , if things will need to be changed to feel right , they will :) , but i don't think warriors will auto attack too much if they use a good rotation of all 5 skills + auxiliar skills , it will work out good enough :) but we will see ^^

thedeath

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 26, 2003
tbh no clue on how it's gonna be.
but sounds like wiz's do get a pretty horrible deal :p
i dont disagree that most of the time you stick to 2/3 skills tops: but when i played them: i needed more then 8F keys :(
in this case tho: the only real issue i have with wiz's isnt so much mshield on it's own, but rather the consequences your change has in groups.
(ofcourse this depends on many situations like group size/what class's are in group etc)
instead of 'helping' the warriors do dmg, you've condemed wiz's to be a support class that only stuns/freezes mobs while the wars are the dps in the group.
if a wiz even thinks about helping out> he'll pull agro and mess up the fight
wiz cant stand next to mobs/boss's cause then they'd die from having a close to useless mshield

again: if you added 'true' aggro systems then this wouldnt be a concern cause then wiz's would remain ranged and not have to worry about stealing aggro

-Luke-

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 9, 2010
tbh no clue on how it's gonna be.
but sounds like wiz's do get a pretty horrible deal :p
i dont disagree that most of the time you stick to 2/3 skills tops: but when i played them: i needed more then 8F keys :(
in this case tho: the only real issue i have with wiz's isnt so much mshield on it's own, but rather the consequences your change has in groups.
(ofcourse this depends on many situations like group size/what class's are in group etc)
instead of 'helping' the warriors do dmg, you've condemed wiz's to be a support class that only stuns/freezes mobs while the wars are the dps in the group.
if a wiz even thinks about helping out> he'll pull agro and mess up the fight
wiz cant stand next to mobs/boss's cause then they'd die from having a close to useless mshield

again: if you added 'true' aggro systems then this wouldnt be a concern cause then wiz's would remain ranged and not have to worry about stealing aggro

i see your point but magic shield is exactly protection ring now (thats how worked) , and wizz having big mana pool , i don't think shield will be "useless" , also their health/mana pool have been redisigned and even thou wizz still have the lowest health pool , he will survive those 15 seconds of "vulnerability"

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
@TD actually its 15 seconds as when u cast it , it lasts 25 seconds so the remaining 15 seconds are cooldown :P

@Squall its approach we would like to take it , now some cooldowns mite be wrong but thats why we have a closed beta and even on live they can be modified :) , nothing is set in stone :P.
But our vision is that for level all classes will spam one aoe leveling skill (sort of on TH) , leveling is quite boring these days and we try to make it as easy as possible without wasting ages and no class being left behind.

as for bosses (on end game) warrior wills have 5 dmg spells , not 2 like on all servers (their cooldowns mite be adjusted , mite not) , wizzies will have around 9 nuke spells .

Again nothing is set in stone and i dont wanna sound stubborn , if things will need to be changed to feel right , they will :) , but i don't think warriors will auto attack too much if they use a good rotation of all 5 skills + auxiliar skills , it will work out good enough :) but we will see ^^

Ok i guess i will try be a bit more faithful and openminded and trust you.

Just keep in mind right now you have an amazing opportunity and a great timing to create a very successful server since everything else seems dead and we havent seen a proper high rate for like 2 years. Dont blow it like with Gravity where you werent listening to experienced ppl who knew what they were talking about (luckily there are no sins this time).

Also use lomcn forum along with your own and dont stick to that stubborn decision of using just your own forums. Any server right now with the low ammount of ppl interested in mir should get the most exposure possible using both facebook and lomcn at least if you want to achieve high usercount. Dont gimp your own server for no reason.

-Luke-

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 9, 2010
Also use lomcn forum along with your own and dont stick to that stubborn decision of using just your own forums. Any server right now with the low ammount of ppl interested in mir should get the most exposure possible using both facebook and lomcn at least if you want to achieve high usercount. Dont gimp your own server for no reason.

I thought we weren't aloud to have a lomcn forum if we have our own, I might be wrong if I am I'll consider it.

Ali3n

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 27, 2004
Leicestershire
Spent most of the evening continuing work on my higher rate server as I don't want to play all these Euro clones that are appearing and then came across this. I've put it on hold as this sounds exactly like what I was going for.

Good luck with the final parts. Cant wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.