Legend of mir mobile game

Join Discord

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
I couldn't figure out how to equip items I got in bag, wanted to ask in chat, but probably because I said something in the chat five minutes previously, it didn't allow to send the message, saying something about not allowing posting frequent messages... I shot the game app down in disgust.

That's just another type of translation, mir3d has similar funky name variants and that could also be said not to be mir2 or mir2 based, but it is. And it is better that it is not a mir2 boilerplate.

Having done tons of translations in google translate for mir3d, I can see where those name variants come from. I tried out various translation engines and always returned to GT as the least evil of them. :D

Makes me wonder who translated the original mir2 at the turn of the century when online translation was probably still in infancy or maybe even non-existent. Likely it was a manual translation?
Legend of Mir 2/3 was released globally by WeMade, so was most likely provided the acurate names / given English Phonetic versions. And "Legend of Mir 3D" (i think real name Conquer Online) is actually made by Shanda. So kind of a big difference comparing it to this thing which has no link except some ripped assets.

Anyway, I'm just insulted anyone would call this game "mir2"

• Haha
Reactions: Jev and zedina

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
I couldn't figure out how to equip items I got in bag, wanted to ask in chat, but probably because I said something in the chat five minutes previously, it didn't allow to send the message, saying something about not allowing posting frequent messages... I shot the game app down in disgust.
If anyone was going to get chatbanned ....

Makes me wonder who translated the original mir2 at the turn of the century when online translation was probably still in infancy or maybe even non-existent. Likely it was a manual translation?
There's this thing called humans 😧

• Haha
Reactions: Far

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
There's this thing called humans 😧
Humans don't come equal. You never see even remotely any good English translation come from Asia. They must have employed native English speakers (and if you know anything about translating, not just anybody from street looking to make quick buck) and it must have cost a pretty penny. It wouldn't surprise me if their whole mir2 foray into West turned up a big loss or at max, a break even.

this thing which has no link except some ripped assets.

I've only looked at it twice for five minutes and I am far away from extoling it 'as a game'. It has all the hallmarks I despise in games in general, autoplay, autopot, p2win. Some deplorable features are due to it being mobile device format, can't really blame them for that side of design.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Humans don't come equal. You never see even remotely any good English translation come from Asia. They must have employed native English speakers (and if you know anything about translating, not just anybody from street looking to make quick buck) and it must have cost a pretty penny. It wouldn't surprise me if their whole mir2 foray into West turned up a big loss or at max, a break even.
Wemade is a global company, their main branches are in Korean and USA - obviously they have no need to hire someone off the street. You seem to be under the illusion that no one from Korea speaks English :ROFLMAO:

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
I strongly disagree with that. I know Asians who can speak better English than a lot of English can.
But how does that change what I said? Besides that, it only speaks of the sorry command of their own language by a 'lot of English'.
To mind in this connection comes the movie My Fair Lady.

Wemade is a global company, their main branches are in Korean and USA - obviously they have no need to hire someone off the street. You seem to be under the illusion that no one from Korea speaks English :ROFLMAO:

But their push to get established in Western market failed, notably here with their mir flagship franchise. And what they do here, they hire 'front' staff native English or if it is their own, they are someone who lives here (or they just farm it out (licence or franchise) to some local company which is then the 'front' for them).

You can always point to some exceptions, but few swallows spring doth not make...:LOL: a proverb where I come from couched in the language of your forefathers.