Legion Mir 2.3 Medium+ Rate

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowditch

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 7, 2011
Im liking the sound of this server alot and i will be giving it a shot only question i have what is your views on donations?

Legion Server

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 8, 2011
Im liking the sound of this server alot and i will be giving it a shot only question i have what is your views on donations?

There will be donations to keep the server running. there will be things like exp potions etc for people to buy if they wish.
EVERYTHING THAT CAN BE DONATED FOR WILL BE IN DROP FILES!

Small update, all items now done. Over 400 custom items..
All low level and medium level quests done, just got to decide on rewards.
Trustmerchant added (took 5 seconds but still)

Need to do drops and balance mobs..... and tweak exp a little bit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bowditch

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 7, 2011
Fair enough its worked with fourheros, will you wait for them to be dropped ingame before accepting donations for them or not?

Legion Server

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 8, 2011
Fair enough its worked with fourheros, will you wait for them to be dropped ingame before accepting donations for them or not?

Nothings concrete yet, clearly before the server goes live we will announce all info on donations.

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
Todd/Grand/Whoever i know your server will be a successful simply cause i know you and the way you play.So at least personally I will like it.

Just a suggestion mate.Move to Hero files.I been playing on a hero server lately and the performance of em is simply amazing.It beats any 2.6 let alone old 2.3s.

I have no idea how easy/different is to script/make/add things on hero files compared to 2.3 you are making but seriously just try em.No lag,smoother,10mb RAM use MAX instead of 500mb and way more content...

Just try the files for 1hr and if you aint able to transfer ur work over then fair enough.But if you can it will worth it trust me.Even if you remove hero's or change em or whatever(tons of **** you can do to balance their fast run atm)

GL

/Mitsos

Bowditch

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 7, 2011
i dnt mind hero files but heros themselves are the worst thing i have seen so far on mir, i have been playing pandorica server or whatever its called for a few days and one of the worst thing about it is the hero's they get in the way there all over the place and pvp is ruined because u can never see who your attacking or who is who and they do way to much dmg XD

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
i dnt mind hero files but heros themselves are the worst thing i have seen so far on mir, i have been playing pandorica server or whatever its called for a few days and one of the worst thing about it is the hero's they get in the way there all over the place and pvp is ruined because u can never see who your attacking or who is who and they do way to much dmg XD

That server aint actually a server.Its some1 messing with files and trying to learn ****

Heros aint hard to balance even without coding.Change their exp tables so you limit their lvls/carry weight/stats/hp etc to balance em out.

Even remove em for the time being tho i dont find em that bad.The good part of those files is their amazing performance along with constant updates.Just give em at least a look.I think i read somewhere they are based on 1.4/1.9 so must be easier to script things as well...

Legion Server

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 8, 2011
Well We decided to use 2.3 because we know these files really well and its our firts server, combining a first server and new files could have lead to bug exploits and us generally losing motivation to complete the project.

The server will be 2.3, I've never had performance issues on 2.3, its only 2.6 files that suck imo.

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
Well We decided to use 2.3 because we know these files really well and its our firts server, combining a first server and new files could have lead to bug exploits and us generally losing motivation to complete the project.

The server will be 2.3, I've never had performance issues on 2.3, its only 2.6 files that suck imo.

What im asking is just go online on any hero server(preferably the high rate that is up right now) and just see what im talking about.You know our views on things are quite similar so just do me a favour and just play for 1hr.

/Mitsos

Legion Server

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 8, 2011
Added A big 50+ Group cave with painstaking spawns -,-.
Made progress with drops and mob strengths.
Looked into dedi's.

updated main thread with progress

Legion Server

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 8, 2011
Nothing wron with 2.3 in my eyes. Best of luck with the server

Cheers, Just added BDD as a highish cave with a quest to enter the main boss room.
Also done exp pots and some more dropfiles.

Should be up in less than a week.

Legion Server

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 8, 2011
unfortunately my computer has just messed up, it would blue screen and crash when I tried to turn it on :S

Been spending all day sorting it, i had to reformat my computer but luckily we didnt lose much as we backed up our SQL and client on to a memory stick :)

we lost our BDD spawns and that is about it, just reinstalling SQL etc as im typing this.

We are still expecting this to be completed in less then a week :)

Legion Server

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 8, 2011
-Added IceTemple, a high level caves used for exp and bossing.
-Added Frozen Temple, a group cave with very nice rewards and exp. (Group needed)
-All low/medium/high cave drop files completed. (need to do boss/group caves drops)
-Client updates carried out.

Last edited:

Legion Server

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 8, 2011
with the recent servers coming up we decided not to rush launch as the initial thrill of those servers will hold users happy for a while.

levelled all classes now to balance things properly, will need some people to come on to test pvp abit but thats about it really as far as a beta goes...

Things to do-

Balance high caves more.
Test PVP
add quests in (all done, just need adding) - cousins doing this tomoz.
add more boss caves
Add a pvp contest thing (like mudwall off 4h)

Stuff is being done all the time.

grant

Legion Server

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 8, 2011
Beta testing ourselves is taking up more time than planned...

If you are interested in beta testing pm me with who u are/have been...

It might lag as im not paying for a dedi for beta, will be dedi when live though.

Your job will basically be to play and offer feedback and bugs (shudnt be any out and out bugs, but like some mobbs might be slightly too strong etc)

ty

Grant

Legion Server

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 8, 2011
Just to let people know work is now getting carried out on the server once again. Just finished the medium boss caves stats and drops, now all the low/medium level content is sorted i can work on the high level/group caves.

Also how many people are still interested in this server?

Status
Not open for further replies.