LOMCN old timer needs bring up to speed

ρяєα¢нєя

Unstookie Titled
VIP
Aug 19, 2008
Hello everyone,

It's been a good few years since I last logged onto this forum (or played Mir for that matter), but having had a go on the Mir Chronicles server recently (very good work whoever owns that btw!), I'm intrigued to know what this wonderful community has been up to and where best to start if I wanted to get back into the swing of things?

I'm a pretty competent in terms of coding, and used to be pretty handy at Map Making and general server work, so I'm not a total novice :P So if anyone could point me in the direction of the best sets of server files? Any open source stuff that's exciting? Just anything really!

Much appreciated!

Also "Hello" to anyone that's still knocking about from when I was around.

p

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011
ρяєα¢нєя;991460 said:
Hello everyone,

It's been a good few years since I last logged onto this forum (or played Mir for that matter), but having had a go on the Mir Chronicles server recently (very good work whoever owns that btw!), I'm intrigued to know what this wonderful community has been up to and where best to start if I wanted to get back into the swing of things?

I'm a pretty competent in terms of coding, and used to be pretty handy at Map Making and general server work, so I'm not a total novice :P So if anyone could point me in the direction of the best sets of server files? Any open source stuff that's exciting? Just anything really!

Much appreciated!

Also "Hello" to anyone that's still knocking about from when I was around.

p

Welcome back :).

C# is the most active open source project.

If you prefer Delphi, then the Heroes files are the most developed set of Delphi files.

And if you don't like coding, then Ruby is the most up to date set of binaries, but the source is closed.

Sam

ρяєα¢нєя

Unstookie Titled
VIP
Aug 19, 2008
Well, well, well quite a few familiar faces still about it would seem! Thanks for the warm welcome :)

Go away! I dont like you!

Come off it! I bet you've just been sat here browsing for the last 5 years waiting for me to come back. Much love :P What's the old map making/editing scene like for these C# files?

Yes I remember you :)

The C# project is now the most promising open source about, originally started by Jamie and currently being developed by Far and TD

http://www.lomcn.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?633-C-Mir-(Open-Source)

Hey Tai, good to see you!

Awesome thanks, I'll take a look. Are they stable enough to use for a server straight out of the box so to speak?

Cheers

p

Adv

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2014
Welcome back to the thunderdome Lynd.

Get your laughing gear around the latest C# files and bring us a server worth playing, i beg of you.

Meteora 4tw.

Also check your pms.

ρяєα¢нєя

Unstookie Titled
VIP
Aug 19, 2008
Welcome back to the thunderdome Lynd.

Get your laughing gear around the latest C# files and bring us a server worth playing, i beg of you.

Meteora 4tw.

Also check your pms.

Hey there mate, good to see you! Yea I've got them all set up so I'll take a gander :)

Welcome back! I remember you releasing some pretty cool NPC scripts :)

Hey Haz. I was actually looking for a few of those earlier as I've lost them, I guess they've probably been archived by now :P

p

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
ρяєα¢нєя;991492 said:
Well, well, well quite a few familiar faces still about it would seem! Thanks for the warm welcome :)

Come off it! I bet you've just been sat here browsing for the last 5 years waiting for me to come back. Much love :P What's the old map making/editing scene like for these C# files?

Hey Tai, good to see you!

Awesome thanks, I'll take a look. Are they stable enough to use for a server straight out of the box so to speak?

Cheers

p

We've only had some servers go live in the last 2 weeks or so, so it's early days. (The DB needs going through with a fine tooth comb/make your own)

Hey Haz. I was actually looking for a few of those earlier as I've lost them, I guess they've probably been archived by now

Any old links using the .co.uk domain will need changing to .org to work, as we don't have that domain ATM

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
Welcome back,

We could do with more people Releasing Work on the C# Source,

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Supporter
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
ρяєα¢нєя;991492 said:
p

Maybe.. Don't think i've made a map in that time, so i will use that as my excuse. The scenes limited to older files. The latest korean .wil's don't work on any map editor i've tried, and people are just using the new ones because they look different so nobody has moaned about repetative maps yet. Not to mention all the various files now Shanda / Mir 2/3 sets all being collaborated etc. Keep asking people but nobody can be bothered, but i can't code that well to add new fileformats.