Looking for a partner for Atlantis

smoochy boys on tour

hershire

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 5, 2004
Heyas, i am growing old now and with kids running around its hard for me to spend more than 3-4 hours a day working on updates.

I need someone that is credible and brings no baggage or politics.

Heres a list of qualifications im looking for:

Capable of writing your own complex scripts and adding to my own.

Setting up and testing on your own local test server.

Reliability, ive wasted my time before with people who can only work a day a week on the server. A minimum of 6-8 hours a week working on core projects is required.

Presentable, always representing yourself and the server in a respectable manner.

Able to operate independantly on your own projects and ideas with little help.

Stable, i do not want anyone who flies off the handle when receiving criticism or negative comments. Those comments are sometimes the most valuable.

Approachability, any player should be able to come to you with concerns or suggestions without fear of alienation.

I am currently working with a custom version of 2.3 files so experience running 2.3 is an absolute must.

I cannot afford the time to train so you must be able to work on your own and send updates to me for review at which time i will assist in correcting mistakes or general suggestions to make things run smoother.

Experience with SQL Server is obviously a must as well as microsoft access db.

I would also like somone familiar with updating or modifying wil libraries, its super easy and really there isnt much to it.

If you cannot setup your own test server without asking a ton of questions then this probably isnt the job for you.

I do not interfere with gameplay and neither will you, i am not looking for an in game gm to run silly events or ban people and cause drama.

This is a not for profit server so do not expect any pay for your work, every dime is counted and saved in our server fund for future projects and regular overhead costs.

I am also working on several other projects and game servers such as C# Mir, Dark Age of Camelot and leasing minecraft servers to assist with our recurring fees.

Atlantis is hosted on an enterprise grade server right inside a main data center with a gigabit dedicated connection.

If you feel that this is a good project for you to join then please email me:

[email protected]

Im also open to server partnerships, whats mine is yours if you ever need anything that youve seen on my server and like i am more than happy to share it with you or provide examples / templates.

Thanks for your time and best of luck to you in the world of mir!

Ps. This was written on my phone so expect the odd grammar mishap lol, good day!

Last edited:

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
You forgot dress code :P

I've got somebody in mind though... have you per chance seen this thread?

Valhalla

Nexus Mir Developer
Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
I do not interfere with gameplay and neither will you, i am not looking for an in game gm to run silly events or ban people and cause drama.

I was about to mention KillerBoy123 but then seen this part of the post :P

/ReVulcan

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
I think honestly that any one that matches this criteria would be silly to take you up on your offer.

Any one that does fall under the category of acceptable to you will undoubtedly have the ability to make their own server, and actually gain something from it.

Doing the above, when you promise 0 in return is stretching, but I wish you luck. I enjoyed the server, and you run it well so it deserves it.

hershire

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 5, 2004
Thanks wargod, i wouldn't say that i offer 0 in return though. Ive never really viewed the game as a source of income.

It is more or less a creative outlet and being part of something that entertains people that has always drawn me to it. If it pays for itself thats great and all i really hope for.

If somone is looking to retire off donated funds then yes this is definitely not a project for them.

In my eyes donations are just that "donations" to help towards a cause such as keeping a friendly environment online and not for profit.

Greed takes you down a dangerous path. Look at revenge, he sold everything in game and made it pay to win, it worked for a while he made a ton of cash to the point he didnt have to work anymore. But now where is he? Totally blacklisted from lomcn.

I will always hold to my core values i will never sell items or levels as i feel progression needs to be earned not bought.

Nothing personal against jamie, he had his own goals and values. I just dont share them and thats why we went our own separate ways.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Who in there right mind would want to work on 8 year old files for nothing in return? Understandable if it was #C files or you was actually making decent money and offering them some cash, your basically asking somebody to take over your server for nothing in return, don't think your selling this very well tbh.

<SOSO>

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 8, 2012
In other words : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_AqjrZycKc

2eex6z4.jpg

hershire

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 5, 2004
Heya pffft, i am also working on c# files as stated in OP i am hosting multiple emulators.

Ask Far how much money hes made off developing the C# files lol, not everyone is doing this for money ;-)

oO~Unknown~Oo

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Dec 4, 2007
UK
Heya pffft, i am also working on c# files as stated in OP i am hosting multiple emulators.

Ask Far how much money hes made off developing the C# files lol, not everyone is doing this for money ;-)

WHATT!? Far's making money out of it?

oO~Unknown~Oo

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Dec 4, 2007
UK
It was a joke...

---------- Post Merged at 06:50 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 06:49 PM ----------

Clearly 2 facepalms doesn't cut it.

Carribean

I abused the reputation system, now I'm stuck with
Veteran
Feb 18, 2013
You were been serious, don't try and invalidate the thickest comment of the year.

oO~Unknown~Oo

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Dec 4, 2007
UK
Neither do your website, photoshop, mir files, c# coding skills or copy paste techniques. That'd equate to a sheet load of face palms

Still winning.

---------- Post Merged at 07:08 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:07 PM ----------

You were been serious, don't try and invalidate the thickest comment of the year.

Your stupid then clearly.

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
God damn it Unknown just stop posting. Even if you dont intend it and it isnt your fault, everything you post is toxic to a thread. Sad panda and all that.

Hersh i appreciate your views, but i think the way it comes across is 'do tje server work for nothing'.

What little experience i have of you makes me know that isnt true. You're a good guy and a bonus to any server, but its still that way inclined...

I still hope you find someone though.

oO~Unknown~Oo

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Dec 4, 2007
UK
God damn it Unknown just stop posting. Even if you dont intend it and it isnt your fault, everything you post is toxic to a thread. Sad panda and all that.

Hersh i appreciate your views, but i think the way it comes across is 'do tje server work for nothing'.

What little experience i have of you makes me know that isnt true. You're a good guy and a bonus to any server, but its still that way inclined...

I still hope you find someone though.

Will keep posting and haterz will follow, thank you for your concern though.