Looking for a Tester for potential project

smoochy boys on tour

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Need someone who can test some server exes for me with a few different clients

The exes are from July 06 so does anyone remember what client version wool was on back then??

Don't let the date fool you these files would be very beneficial to the English Community.

NickAKAVexus

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2005
New york
Well with some minor work, and compiling my own rungate and recoding loading of databases.. we now have working WOOOL source.

What does this mean? Same as DiamondMir2 we will probably start on DiamondWoooL.

The emulator is built off the plumewind source so its as easy as coding DM2 and its as easy as setting up a mir2 server. :)

*IGNORE THE CRAP IMAGES ITS MY VIDEO CARD*

All we need now is a sgl importer to really take advantage of this. It really makes me wonder why only 1 server team has one. Why they haven't shared is pretty obvious but definately f*cked up.

Last edited:

koni

V.I.P
VIP
Mar 14, 2006
Southampton UK
ive never played wool so i wouldnt be much good at testing lol, but i would like to say that looks pretty cool tbh, good luck on the project diamondwool i hope it goes well

GuildWars

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 28, 2004
If someone wants to put there time towards this i cheer them on :)

I would be willing to go on a server and test stuff.

+rep

Beta Test Contract
*signature*
\TheNation

I don't know how to operate a server, but i can test via client side for you peeps.

<3 u nick

Last edited:

NickAKAVexus

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2005
New york
If someone wants to put there time towards this i cheer them on :)

I would be willing to go on a server and test stuff.

+rep

Beta Test Contract
*signature*
\TheNation

I don't know how to operate a server, but i can test via client side for you peeps.

<3 u nick

Spare time thing tbh, hopefully it turns out to be a good thing.

Damian has been working on a sgl importer and has made some progress once we have that it should be nice. :) Hopefully it gets done.

lifco

Untrusted Member
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 6, 2004
UK/Italy
i would be happy to test this if you need any help and if you need a host for the server, fair bit of room left on my dedi

lif

Everard

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 5, 2006
All we need now is a sgl importer to really take advantage of this. It really makes me wonder why only 1 server team has one. Why they haven't shared is pretty obvious but definately f*cked up.

Perhaps is the same reason why you still haven't shared wol2008 files?

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Perhaps is the same reason why you still haven't shared wol2008 files?

Considering we have every intention of releasing these files(In binary form) I fail to see the comparison..

Of course time is being wasted by Nick and Damian being forced to code their own importer.

Everard

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 5, 2006
Considering we have every intention of releasing these files(In binary form) I fail to see the comparison..

Of course time is being wasted by Nick and Damian being forced to code their own importer.

So release those source at such state as they are? Me and my friend ar programmers and such woool source could help us build something nice from them in short time.

Xander

Pantie Sniffer!
Developer
Oct 20, 2003
Sheffield
Hows about go find them you lazy piece of ****... Come here with that attitude and expect releases? lol.

It was stated that it was closed source becuase of the problems with DM2 and looking at you i would say the same thing would happen if it was open source.

Last edited:

Everard

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 5, 2006
Hows about go find them you lazy piece of ****... Come here with that attitude and expect releases? lol.

It was stated that it was closed source becuase of the problems with DM2 and looking at you i would say the same thing would happen if it was open source.

And therefore we did not releas SGL editor, reason such ppl who think that they are God's on this forum and can defy ppl from worst.

Ps. Open source from illegal serwer filles ? you must by joke fool!

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
So release those source at such state as they are? Me and my friend ar programmers and such woool source could help us build something nice from them in short time.

The woool community has never exactly shared now has it? I mean the most critical thing needed for woool has never been released.

So I ask why should we release the source to someone we don't know? Will that benefit our project in any way? For all we know you're part of the team who created the editor or are a member of the DSM Team both teams have held back (Not a flame, servers should always be unique)

When people start holding back on things (Such as the SGL Editor) they have to understand that other people will also hold things back.

-edit- Ah knew you were one of the members of that team (One of your past posts) So the above does apply to you.

Also your team has already proved that they don't care about advancing woool as a community so releasing the source to you would surely only benefit your server right?

Don't get me wrong I always have released what I find (Examples include CD3.55) and would of had no problem releasing this source if the main players in the community (Such as yourself) were more open with the files they have.

Last edited:

Xander

Pantie Sniffer!
Developer
Oct 20, 2003
Sheffield
If i recall your "team" and DSM never released the SGL Editor in the first place now we have something that strikes your fancy you expect it to be released? You are the fool... We will have a working SGL Editor soon enough dont you worry about that.

lifco

Untrusted Member
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 6, 2004
UK/Italy
back on topic after that fool... if you a tester etc as they say iam free

lif

Xander

Pantie Sniffer!
Developer
Oct 20, 2003
Sheffield
I'm busy translating the files whilst nick and damian work on the SGL Editor... not sure when a set will be given out for testing that will be decided by the others or all togther, most probably once we think they are ready.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 147

mutatedkbass

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Veteran
Jul 4, 2004
you guys never cease to amaze me, some really good coders and you make a top notch team, good going man!

/Curt

LadyDante

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 26, 2006
woool is easy to code ive made meh own but i couldnt be bothered to rent a server so i just used mi comp has a host, best thing with it is it's all just simple codes once u get use to em they r rali easy, even the sql it a walk thru the park, if i could get hold of the files agen id whip a gd server up n go from there only take about 2 weeks to translate code test ect, n ive got like 6 maps n 12 sets of mobs i nabed before the korean woool shut down so these files r rare to get hold of spec as they cost meh 100 quid per file n there way 3 of em, gotta love the black market, the maps r nice big long and fun to hunt it, prob is no1 has the client for em to be used on :( so they rare but usless until i can get hold of the upto date client.