Looking to build computer.

smoochy boys on tour

Pebble

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 25, 2005
Essex, England
Posted a while back looking to buy a new computer but didn't actually buy it in the end because basically I didn't get round to it :P.

Looking to spend £500 to £750 for a computer which will be used mainly for gaming, and used occasionally for watching movies/videos, creating/editing graphics, etc.

Not including a mouse, keyboard or monitor.

[EDIT] I may also want to upgrade components in a few years time. [/EDIT]

Any recommendations welcome.

Thanks in advanced.

Last edited:

CraiG^

Legend
Legendary
Jun 22, 2003
Scotland
Well, do you feel safe using eBay? via Paypal? and would it matter if it was shipped from America? Also do you prefer AMD or Intel

And you want to build it :S?

Turin

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 21, 2004
LomCN
Urban m8, you know those new 7800 chips, how do you tell which company makes the best card using them? I've seen Gigabit, Point of View etc but don't see the difference O.o

urbanfox

No Brag, Just Fact
Legendary
Turin said:
Urban m8, you know those new 7800 chips, how do you tell which company makes the best card using them? I've seen Gigabit, Point of View etc but don't see the difference O.o

Unless you are going for some extreme overclocking it doesn't really matter what brand you get, but I try to keep it to POV, eVGA, BFG, and some others.

Turin

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 21, 2004
LomCN
Oh ok I c :P, wished they'd just stick to one company, but I suppose that leave room for error then.

Pebble

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 25, 2005
Essex, England
urban / anyone else, can you try find me a computer for around £600 instead.

Going to save up for driving lessons and a car (year away but currently no income).
Again, will want to update at a later date (and I like that case :P).

Sorry about that :P.

Last edited:

Pebble

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 25, 2005
Essex, England
Sorry about this as it's on first page, just wanna make sure people see it :P. (b.u.m.p.)

Looking for a computer around £500-£600.

Thanks again.

Blaminator

VIP
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 11, 2003
London
urbanfox said:
Unless you are going for some extreme overclocking it doesn't really matter what brand you get, but I try to keep it to POV, eVGA, BFG, and some others.

I heared XFX were best :/

Aquilo

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 1, 2005
For nVidia, Gainward are the best. For ATI, it's aparently Sapphire, though their cards have always failed for me.

I find it humbling that my Gainward GF3 64mb Ti200 @ Ti550 outperforms my Abit Radeon 9600 256mb.