Looking to start a low rate

Join Discord

WhoMeYou

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 15, 2010
TOWIE!
I know the majority of this mir community like Med - High rate.
But i feel there is nothing out there for the guys who like slow pasted leveling.

So iv already started work. Got files set up (2.3 May change)
Started adding Npc's Quest's and a few items.
A few things will be kept from euro mir such as a few maps etc. (Completely custom, but no OTT items, Sorry:blush:)
Gold : hard to get.
Pets : No.
Donation : Not taking money for pixels.
(Sub system will just have little benefits)
Sub System -
Gives you full access to the forums
Puts you on the V.i.P list (Woop woop)
Gives you a constant x1.3 Exp
Free global shouting
Price : Something along the lines of £5 a month, Simply just to cover the dedi.
(THIS IS completely optional Btw.)
(Will add other stuff as i think of it.)

Features :
Such as LMS.
Mystery Cave.
Slave Cave.
Regular Invasions.
And a quest like on P69 which took fooking hours.
If i get the player count that i want could do a war system such as
Every guild in game with be put onto the forums.
Like 16 guilds then goes to 8 guilds then 4 then 2 then winner. Like knockout stages
Then each one selected by me to fight another one @ sabuk wall. Tournments go on untill 1 guild remaining, then that guild keeps SW for a week with no fights.
Benefits of SW will be Sabuk Stone and the only Spec Rep in game.

Classes Spells :
Taoist -
Curse : will not be capped as its low rate and curse shouldn't last to long anyways.
TCrossHalfMoon : Will be added.
Wizard -
Met / Blizz : Met will be highly dangerous, where as blizz will be slightly weaker due to the fact has a wider hit radius and slow's.
Spells like this WILL be rare.
Warrior -
CHM / TDB : will not be rare but spells like Rage / Pro / FS will be.

Orbs / Gems :
No PR/ Mr in game (Simply ruins tao's)
Slow / Pa will be kept to a minimum as w.o no pr PA will own.
Orbs will only drop from bosses in a 1/40 (From low level bosses)
To 1/10 (High level bosses)

Map's :
Will be some custom maps, but i like the feel of euro maps so may be keeping some of them such as WT / ZT but if i keep any of the rest, will be filled with
Different mobs.

I think thats covered my ideas ftm.

What i wanna know is, am i going to be wasting my time and get a player count of 1? (Me)

ETA : (No sure)
Forum : Netrixnetwork.com Low Rate Project.

All ideas, progress, screenshots etc will be posted there.

Thanks

Anyone who feels they could help with Scripts Ideas etc. Please gimme a shout.
My MSN is in my sig.

Thank you
/Terry

Last edited:

Dany97

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 28, 2009
Timisoara
I don't get it m8 , you have Ruby Files and don't use them? They are perfect for a LowRate tbh lol

WhoMeYou

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 15, 2010
TOWIE!
I dont like the feel of 2.6, Pvp sucks, Auto Run is anoying.
And i dont think there in a perfectly stable state to run a server atm, need a little Tender Loving Care.

Gezza

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 23, 2008
uk
Your not exactly a trust worthy person to work with are ya lol.

WhoMeYou

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 15, 2010
TOWIE!

Because i released so called "Useless files".
People who know me will tell you how trust worthy i am.
Im not a thief, and im actually a nice guy, just hate hypocrites and assholes and people who dont do stuff to benefit everyone.

If you have a problem with me, then dont play this server (If it goes ahead).

And i dont expect people to work with me, im doing this to benefit people who have nothing to play. If people dont wanna help out with beta testing and so forth then thats ok i have no problem with that. just keep your thoughts to yourself because you obv dont know me to think im untrustwurthy.

As for the RubyM2 files i was given them by kyn who didnt say anything of the sort about NOT releasing to anyone.

As for server, have just received some new ideas that i think i will be putting in place. (Ty DiabloDoom)
Any more features you think would go down a treat please lemme know, and i shall see what i can do.

Will resume working on files tonight after i do a few things.

Thank you.
/Terry

Mully

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 9, 2010

And you sir, are a tool.

Nice job mir needs a good low rate. Looking good and should get the interest of quite a few people.

Seems well balanced.

I for one shall be playing :)

WhoMeYou

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 15, 2010
TOWIE!
Only time will tell :P still obv needs alot of work as not long been working onit, adding bits here n there in spare time etc.
:001_tongue:

DiabloDoom

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 1, 2010
1) SabukWall with a Twist, as soon as sabuk starts, mobs invade Sabuk - Foxes, Zumas, WhiteBoars, BC Mobs etc, inside palace is SabukLord with Good Drops, trying to fight for the Boss while taking Sabuk

WhoMeYou

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 15, 2010
TOWIE!
Ntb :P

I was thinking of having a home map like SabukWall.

Invasions would be sick then.wizards up on the wall FW'in taos also on top healing warrs fighting @ gates :P

But as i said, these ideas are useless unless i can get a usercount of around 15-20. That is my goal. i know its small but its lr so ima try : )

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
Whats the point of a euro LR server?

Euro succeeded cause it was 1 of a kind,lasted 7yrs,was official,no donations at all(more or less every1 had same chances),well worked economy etc.No priv server can offer ANY of the above so its doomed to fail.

I know mir is dead more or less and the chance of making a server with usercount of 50+ is highly unlikely unless you are ben but still...hoping for 15players is kinda a waste of time.Either try make a med/high rate that might miserably fail and die in 2weeks or if it succeeds u will get at least 30-40+ ppl.

Also since its low rate server and usercount will be crap point of dedi/donations...is?

/Mitsos

WhoMeYou

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 15, 2010
TOWIE!
there is no donations, only for sub. which will be for small bonuses.
And its not EURO clone.

As i said in the above im taking all euro items out. so every item is custom.
Im going to try this. If it works then it works if it doesnt, you can all say. "I told you so".

Theres nothing in the community atm for 2.3 LR. And theres 3-4 HR's in the makin.

Alot of people have tryed making LR's but failed due to being euro clones.

in my eyes LR's more controlled than high rates, which is the effect im going for, i wanna bring back the tingly feeling in ur penis when u get a rare drop. that kinda stuff i appreciate your feedback and your most likely right. but i wanna just give this a shot. if people dont play. then so be it il try make a High Rate on the same base as this just change stats etc.

Anyways g2g out. Be back later.

Thank you
/Terry

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
i was thinkin of doing a euro x5 exp.. with expantions and changes, with new features and what not.. but then i just thought, the community just wouldnt play it, at least not enough to make it successful

euros good and all... but when u log on a low rate.. its hard to get motivated to level

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
I'm tempted to start a team, or try.

Make a server thats low/Med rate.

Decent levelling speed
No rebirth
Certain level caps (in a way), that will get raised as the server goes on. So people stay around the same levels... Make it feel more balanced imo.
All euro caves, plus extra obviously.
Make it so you have to hunt in groups.guilds more, not just solo every boss.

Not realy sure what else... Just quick ideas I have. Would have to be 2.3 as I can't code nor do I have contacts in the coding department.

noisound

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 23, 2004
what ive found with low rate servers they can tend to last longer but server count is normaly alot lower then HR. good luck tho, if you make it good it should last, but if its not brilliant low rate servers wont keep there only few players. just a tip mate g/l

CraiG^

Legend
Legendary
Jun 22, 2003
Scotland
I'd offer any services to anyone making a low rate server I've been wanting a decent one for over a year lol.