low fps on mir3

RoNeZ

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 2, 2004
Boro
im not sure why it used 2 run fine before now i have a new pc and i get real bad fps below 10 normaly max 25 its strange pc specs attached and screen shot

Dr3AmScAp3

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Play about with your graphic settings on your card, these are usually set to default and most don't bother playing around untill they get the best resuilts.

@Dumachi, you joking or what. Why whould he remove his G/card to play on an onboard one that is more likely going to be a pansy.

Dumachi

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 18, 2007
Romania
no im not joking nvidia geforce cards are 3d cards and are crap at 2d games,
ure onboard gpu will be better able to tackle a 2d game.......... 100% sure of this because i have done it on my pc.

Dr3AmScAp3

Banned
Banned
Veteran
no im not joking nvidia geforce cards are 3d cards and are crap at 2d games,
ure onboard gpu will be better able to tackle a 2d game.......... 100% sure of this because i have done it on my pc.
That doesn't matter as the Nvidia like the ATI have back convertors on them and in my opion make 2D games perform better. As I said its about getting the configuration correctly on them to a performance you feel good with.

And by the way on Extended G/cards you can disable the 3D GPU on them.

Extended graphic cards arn't just created for better performance on 3D games, but on all games on a whole and also for better graphic interface for when it comes to design machines - Though the Nvidia and ATI don't compare to a PCI-E card costing in the region of £20,000

Last edited:

BattleGod

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 26, 2007
im not sure why it used 2 run fine before now i have a new pc and i get real bad fps below 10 normaly max 25 its strange pc specs attached and screen shot

Have you got vsync turned on? mir 3 runs poor using vsync.

Coly

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 31, 2005
Germany
Littel Information for Mir3 :

First : most of the Texture Things is working on DirectDraw (the 2D System on DirectX)
The Light is Dynamic in Mir3 (mean Wemade use D3D with Vertex and Index Buffer and made the Light Dynamic) also it use 3D function with DrawPrimitive
same with Magic all use the 3D system. So you see the Mir3 is not only a pure 2D game ;-) ...

Use of OnBoard things is very bad, the GPU and VRAM is faster as the Onboard things. The main problem is to find out how Wemade use vor Vertex.
Mean use it HW VB Processing or SW VB Processing or Mixed VB Processing !?!
I believe Wemade use SW VB Processing, more Graka can by work with the Game then...

I hope the littel info helps you to understand Mir3 Tec.

Edit : forgoten ^^ the Interface same use 3D functions.
If you have interest to see how Wemade use for 3D then look in the WIL files, all image with Pow2 (Excemple 256x256) is work with 3D functions...

Last edited:

RoNeZ

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 2, 2004
Boro
well i removed card and all runs fine but now i cant play newer games :S

Dumachi

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 18, 2007
Romania
Well my 92mb internal gpu (intel extreme graphics) Pwans my 256mb Geforce 6800 ultra. the 92mb one puts out 100fps average on mir while geforce struggles to give 40.

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Well my 92mb internal gpu (intel extreme graphics) Pwans my 256mb Geforce 6800 ultra. the 92mb one puts out 100fps average on mir while geforce struggles to give 40.

Yep can confirm that

Intel integrated graphics cards seem to handle mir3 far far better than ATi and NVidia

gandy

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 13, 2003
So would this be a reason i lag to high heaven playing over lan with a 8800 GTX? Will try it with an old card later, be annoying to swap them about everytime i want to play a game though =/

mapadale

So would this be a reason i lag to high heaven playing over lan with a 8800 GTX? Will try it with an old card later, be annoying to swap them about everytime i want to play a game though =/
lag can be down to one of many things.

gandy

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 13, 2003
Well my friend in wales plays on my server with me and hes fine. Server is run on a great machine (allthough its made from spare parts ha)

At first i thought it was because i installed some hacked firmware to my router to enable Loopback so i could play over LAN but this isnt the case. Only thing thats changed really is added more memory to my comp and got an 8800GTX.

Also is it normal for holleymir3.exe to use 99%? i couldnt remember it using that much before, i cant even see spells ingame as by the time ive caught up with the lag the spell has finished >.<

mapadale

Well my friend in wales plays on my server with me and hes fine. Server is run on a great machine (allthough its made from spare parts ha)

At first i thought it was because i installed some hacked firmware to my router to enable Loopback so i could play over LAN but this isnt the case. Only thing thats changed really is added more memory to my comp and got an 8800GTX.

Also is it normal for holleymir3.exe to use 99%? i couldnt remember it using that much before, i cant even see spells ingame as by the time ive caught up with the lag the spell has finished >.<
Whats ur hardware specs
Whos ur ISP
Whats ur upload and download speed
Is this ur server - are you playing on the machine with the files on, or is it seperate and is it on the same net connection.