LSASS.EXE - Stops Vista Installing?

Join Discord

Turin

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 21, 2004
LomCN
Hello,

I've got a problem I am currently installing MS Windows Vista, and it has been stuck at the following (picture) position for over an hour. I opened the task manager to see that both setup and lsass.exe are sharing around 50% CPU power (culminating in complete CPU drain). My computer doesn't hang, I mean I can do whatever I want, even play Battlefield 2, but it doesn't budge! What can I do? O_O

untitled7zc.jpg

Ty for help/suggestions in advance :punch:

Turin

Turin

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 21, 2004
LomCN
A friend gave me a CD (he is a MSDN subscriber) lol...

As for installation I've done it all and I think tis fine now. I just installed offline :)

--- Ill post/bump if I get any more problems, which I'm bound to because this is in Beta! ---

MentaL

Mir 1.4
VIP
Mar 3, 2004
Cardiff
only way i can think lsass is running to install is if your installing it whilst in windows, try bootin from startup so it doesnt go into windows, or just make a virtual pc and instal that way, least you keep both windows, tiz what i did.

Turin

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 21, 2004
LomCN
:cray: hmmm dint know about the virtual pc option, ty for the input!

Vista installation just dumped Windows XP in Windows.Old folder, (12GB) and installed over the comp, I just went through the lengthy process of deleting the dump, and Vista constant security messages are taking the piss!! lol

Everythings else so far is running fine, Vista managed to retain my graphics and audio drivers so thats excellent (XP couldn't do this :eek:!)

Turin

Damn now I need to activate! Anyone got an activation crack please!

Turin

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 21, 2004
LomCN
I HATE VISTA FUIFSOJFSODGJASF !! ITS CRAP !! :|

All I can see is a new GUI with some crappy security features which anoy the heck out of you by constantly popping up and it won't let you turn it off (unless you forcefully turn the process off). Overal 1/10 at least until I see the final product.

Yes the review is cynical, but this OS just isn't for me :|

Any alternatives to Microsoft AT ALL!? lol

[edit]
... strike that will ya... its starting to grow on me! But the lack of support from programs (especially Daemon Tools) is nerve rackin :( Might just use virtual pc to emulate xp for me to use those proggies ><

Last edited:

Aquilo

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 1, 2005
Don't use 5259. There are flaws in that build classed as 'major'.

Wait for the December CTP.

Turin

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 21, 2004
LomCN
Eep you tell me now!!! lol

:/ I've installed it, but I'll look forward for the December one. I can't believe they're stopping Beta 2. The actual OS is going to need some big time service packs when it comes out... why's Microsoft rushing?

Turin

[edit]

Have you got a link to the whitepaper? I can't find it on msdn :x thanks in advance

[edit2]

Why have microsoft renamed LDDM to WVDDM? Do I need to upgrade my driver?

Also, my WDI resolver's gone missing :/

Last edited: