[2.3] M2Server Error

Join Discord

akash992

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 6, 2009
United Kingdom - Leicester
Hi all,

I have my database and etc all set up when i launch m2server it takes a while to load and then this error comes up:
[06/11/2013 16:02:07] StartTimer exception: Unspecified error

Elysiums23

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 19, 2013
Yorkshire
Yes i have

This error tends to occur when you have made a change to the databases so for example ive added a new item called " tailor ring " now on the STD_Items table the last item was made was index 203 then the index on my new item is not the following number so for example 205 so in this case your missing 204 thus creates the problem, what you need to do is go back over any recent changes youve made and check all the indexs are correct once you rectify this it should sort your problem . . . hope this helps need anymore help drop me a inbox message matey.

Upvote 0

Tom27

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 15, 2005
Norwich
Again similar to what Elysium said, StartTimers are usually related to an error in your database.
If you have recently added new items, monsters, or anything of that sort then simply scroll to the bottom of the database and check that the "Index" field are all set in the correct order e.g. 789/790/792/793.

If you have no had your database connected & fully functional yet, then you need to check if the database
has been linked up correctly. E.g. Correct database passwords / SQL host names etc.

Another problem could be that you have a faulty IP address in your files somewhere.
(Check the DBServer folder & M2Server)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

akash992

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 6, 2009
United Kingdom - Leicester
Hi guys,

Thank you for all the replies. I have changed the SQL Server name and also a few IPs which were not correct.

Now I am getting another error on the m2server:
[07/11/2013 16:37:28] StartTimer exception: OLE error 80040E4D

Upvote 0