Making a server

smoochy boys on tour

PureKill

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 27, 2007
United Kingdom
main thing is can u stand getting **** from every 1 ??? if not dont try.

lol at u saying u ask if u can play there servers.

tbh steal all ideas u can to make ur server better and untill some 1 copyrights its dont stop

all gd ideas have been stolen from somewere and had a few chages look at VE Vital points i have seen like 2 or 3 other servers using them or trying to add them to there files

all items u c in game come from other servers when i made my equip i stole files from most mir 2 and a few mir 3 servers u dont have to tell them any thing if ppl dont help eache other which is what is happening here then steal all u want.

as for were to start first try set a server up for offline use. start playing withs items db changing stats looks ect then move on to mobs try changing pets and mobs looks.

then start trying ur own script first try make a script that just says hello and gives u an item then advance a little more dont try any thing to big to fast ur u will go wrong and ppl will explot the bugs with npcs.

main thing is keep updating u see some servers like old rndpro that never got any updates

ps. ban all cheaters from first time u see them.

pss. dont listen to the moaners

BattleGod

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 26, 2007
main thing is can u stand getting **** from every 1 ??? if not dont try.

lol at u saying u ask if u can play there servers.

tbh steal all ideas u can to make ur server better and untill some 1 copyrights its dont stop

all gd ideas have been stolen from somewere and had a few chages look at VE Vital points i have seen like 2 or 3 other servers using them or trying to add them to there files

all items u c in game come from other servers when i made my equip i stole files from most mir 2 and a few mir 3 servers u dont have to tell them any thing if ppl dont help eache other which is what is happening here then steal all u want.

as for were to start first try set a server up for offline use. start playing withs items db changing stats looks ect then move on to mobs try changing pets and mobs looks.

then start trying ur own script first try make a script that just says hello and gives u an item then advance a little more dont try any thing to big to fast ur u will go wrong and ppl will explot the bugs with npcs.

main thing is keep updating u see some servers like old rndpro that never got any updates

ps. ban all cheaters from first time u see them.

pss. dont listen to the moaners

Well after I have got some progress done on my server I am going to attempt to do a full translation of 3.55 and release it.

idaBigA

Holley Mir 3!!
VIP
Oct 28, 2003
Stoke, UK
Grow up ShakeNBake, I can now understand why you are always looking for a Mir server.... you have no life and have to be good at something (and even cheat doing that) ROFL!

BattleGod. If you need a hand, I will help anyone who helps themselves.

/Mick

BattleGod

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 26, 2007
Grow up ShakeNBake, I can now understand why you are always looking for a Mir server.... you have no life and have to be good at something (and even cheat doing that) ROFL!

BattleGod. If you need a hand, I will help anyone who helps themselves.

/Mick

Can you pm me your msn? I have to admit this is a little more tougher than I first thought, this may take a while before im even ready to make this server fit for people to play...But I will persever and produce one.

idaBigA

Holley Mir 3!!
VIP
Oct 28, 2003
Stoke, UK
I don't get chance to get on MSN much, but its [email protected]

Best thing to do is post either on here with questions or on Sting's forum where either Issy, Chimera or I (or any other member) will give you some answers.

/Mick

Dr3AmScAp3

Banned
Banned
Veteran
ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Actually Mick is very unbissed towards people and even lets idiots continue to play server after they have been warned for cheating. Not many server owners would do this.

Its only been in the extreme cases where he's put his foot down and said enough is enough.

Why not try point the finger at other GM's, seeing as Mick is the server owner and nnot the only GM ingame.

idaBigA

Holley Mir 3!!
VIP
Oct 28, 2003
Stoke, UK
There are no fingers to point.

I was the one who banned Yunie and his tribe of cheaters. It may not have been the Chars creators who cheated (which in Mikes case it was not), but if someone cheats on a char, they will be banned and every char accessed by that IP will also be removed.

If any of my GM's catches someone cheating, they are well within their rights to remove the cheaters, by any means necessary.

It was not stated anywhere when we started that I would ban anyone found cheating, so when I first saw that it could be done, I de-levelled the person who was caught and put a poll onto the forum asking what THE PLAYERS thought should happen. The overall result was that they should be banned. The first person caught had already been given a punishment, and to punish them again would have been wrong, so it was ruled that any further issues would result in a ban and anyone caught from then onwards would result in a ban.

That I deemed fair to all, everyone then understood the consequences of their actions.

So, like I said, "2 - Can you be unbiassed towards EVERYONE"

The people who cheated were not IP banned, they could have made new Chars and played on, but they had no interest in playing a server where Cheaters are banned, so instead they slated me and my server. No skin off my nose.. but it seems that they are still crying into their bib about it.

Back on topic, I think that this shows what can happen if you decide to start a server, some people will try to get away with as much as possible, and exploit bugs to the fullest before thinking of reporting them (if at all). What I would suggest is that you state what will happen to cheaters, exploiters, PK'ers, griefers, and abusers before the server starts so that when you punish them, they can't say a word.

/Mick

P.S. Just a side note, It may be that you don't mind people using cheats on your server, and I can't fault anyone for that, as there are certain people who are so dependant on them that they will use them all the time.
On a high rate server where PK is paramount, I would probably allow all cheats to be used, and even offer them as part of the client.

Falador

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 13, 2007
There is a way to prevent cheats on a 3.55 server can be used, so I hear it.
Unfortunately, we will run a 2nd servers depend on a LINUX surface works and the client, a 2nd exe itself to login (Protect.exe) and LINUX as my knowledge and my financial opportunities not allow, I want to ask what it means for ways to prevent people on a 3.55 server cheating?

LG
Fala

BattleGod

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 26, 2007
When I do finally produce a server, cheaters will not be allowed and anyone found doing so will be dealt with ive already discussed this with a pssible 2nd gm to fill in for me when im not around, he is aware of my stance on cheaters.