Making custom mobs?

Join Discord

Snufkin

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 27, 2011
As title, how do i go about getting a 3d model of a mob in the game?

afshangrudar1

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 26, 2009
Have you followed an existing mobs frame template (number of images per action) or are you going to code a custom one in the sever source?

When I test custom graphics i always use something else as a template, make a custom wil so you can see how it works easily. When rendering ou often have to retime the sequence to remove frames to a suitable number (3D animation packages use 25/30 fps and mir stuff is much less) . I render each action to a seperate folder, composite in to the sequence the wil will use in after effects and then apply the mir colour pallete with a Photoshop batch action.

Have you got an animated max/maya model you want to use or something?

Snufkin

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 27, 2011
I want to start modelling some MIr mobs with Maya and will probably use a template to make things easier. Like model a "somethingtaurus" and use the woomataurus template maybe? I don't have any source unless there is a source you can point me in the direction of.

Would i be able to use the example custom weapon scene stephenking posted and replace the weapon for a mob model instead before rendering it out?

http://www.lomcn.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?58405-GUIDE-Making-a-weapon-for-mir

Last edited:

afshangrudar1

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 26, 2009
That was just designed for making weapons, I dont think the Maya scene had a skeleton in it so you will have to make your own rig or use a prebuilt system like BIPED for 3ds Max. I dont use Maya much I prefer Max, if you want to make a walking mob then you can animate its actions in one direction and just rotate the skeleton rig to get its actions for another direction.

I would start of with something simpler for your first custom graphic, like a spell or mob that doesnt move (This is based on RME http://youtu.be/pBempg3kTvA)

Snufkin

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 27, 2011
That was just designed for making weapons, I dont think the Maya scene had a skeleton in it so you will have to make your own rig or use a prebuilt system like BIPED for 3ds Max. I dont use Maya much I prefer Max, if you want to make a walking mob then you can animate its actions in one direction and just rotate the skeleton rig to get its actions for another direction.

I would start of with something simpler for your first custom graphic, like a spell or mob that doesnt move (This is based on RME http://youtu.be/pBempg3kTvA)
Yeh rigging is no problem in maya also your pumpkin video isn't playing. I can see the thumbnail in the playlist though lol.

afshangrudar1

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 26, 2009
yeh particles in Max and the lens effects were in AE (except fire and its glow/blur which was with FumeFX)

Snufkin

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 27, 2011
yeh particles in Max and the lens effects were in AE (except fire and its glow/blur which was with FumeFX)

Do you have a scene for that spell you made with the rendering all set out or could i just use the custom weapon scene thats uploaded on this site?

afshangrudar1

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 26, 2009
I couldnt find the max scenes when I looked for the spell wils. I didnt set the camera for the custom weapon scene I just converted from Maya to Max using 3DExplorer but it should work and be at the correct distance: http://www.lomcn.co.uk/forum/showth...weapon-for-mir&p=722004&viewfull=1#post722004 it might need tweaking and the camera changing to orthographic

If I get the chance to re-make the previous spells this weekend I will upload my max file but its fairly easy to set up. I remember I put a biped in the centre and used that to judge camera distance/angle from a mir screenie set in the viewport background